Hardware I need help with my system

Langin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well at random moments I get the error;

An error has occurred. Please hold the Power-button to turn off the system blah blah.

WTH do I need to do
ohnoes.png
called both Nintendo and Ubisoft, ubisoft service sucks because nobody is there. and Nintendo is closed.

Ehm what now?

My system is updated and connected to the Internet.
biggrin.gif

ITS URGENT I NEED HELP BADLY.

And it only occurs with Ghost recon my other 6 titles work fine.

Langin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Shiro09

AAI2 Localisation Team
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Lightning said:
Ow it did not occur with mine.

But does it happen to every 3DS?
I dont think so... It happens to most I guess
unsure.gif

QUOTE(rashef @ Apr 22 2011, 10:51 PM) format sd card to fat32. Should be ok now.
Does that actually work?

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Turn off wifi while playing shadow wars, it works for me and a few random people I found on google last week.

rashef

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Poland
Most of the time (90% from my experience) yes. Seems the factory format is a bit wonky and 3ds goes haywire whenever it checks sd card data in the background. Prolly detects an abnormality and system AP kicks in. XD

deadmaker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I've had the 3DS for 3 weeks now and it's never happened to me. I guess it is a matter of luck (or bad luck in that case) if you got a good or a defective unit.

Anyway, how frequently does this happen?

aiRWaLKRe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
*knocks on wood* I have a launch day bought 3ds still on original firmware, never turn off wireless, and never reformatted the SD card. I have yet to experience this error, and I have never stuck a flashcard in my 3ds. I'm just one of the lucky ones so far that have never seen the error yet.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
You should buy a new 3DS and stick this one in your closet. If that is happening then there is the possibility for an exploit. Maybe, maybe not. But with all the reports of errors with GR then the devs will start looking at that as a chance to run homebrew. Although there is still the HMAC barrier to overcome, keeping your 3DS at it's current firmware can prove to be VERY beneficial to you in the future.

I could be wrong, but it would be a chance that I'd be willing to take.

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nollog said:
Turn off wifi while playing shadow wars, it works for me and a few random people I found on google last week.
I think this is the problem right here. I only got the error while playing Rayman 3D while I was home, where I have a wifi connection. I already set up my 3DS internet connection so when I'm at the menu, the upper left of the top screen says Internet in blue. I've heard others say that having the wifi switch on can cause the problem, so I turned it off, and it hasn't happened since.

Seeing as though the May update is heavily focused on internet functionality, there might be errors with the wifi right now. Hopefully everything will be worked out in the May update, or I'm gonna be pisses. Sure I want the eShop and other features, but I think bug fixes should be just as important. We'll just have to wait and see.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Wholesome, welcome