mflo

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I reinstalled windows on my other computer and now I can't set up the cable internet connection. The computer i'm on right now is using a network adapter to connect to my router, which is connected to my other computer.

I go to network connections and click "set up new connection" I go through everything (Connect to internet>set up my connection manually>connect using broadband connection that is always on) then in the end it says broadband connections should already be configured and ready to use. But I still can't get on the internet. and nothing shows up in the network connections.

What do I do?

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I reinstalled windows on my other computer and now I can't set up the cable internet connection.  The computer i'm on right now is using a network adapter to connect to my router, which is connected to my other computer. 

I go to network connections and click "set up new connection" I go through everything (Connect to internet>set up my connection manually>connect using broadband connection that is always on) then in the end it says broadband connections should already be configured and ready to use.  But I still can't get on the internet. and nothing shows up in the network connections.

What do I do?

The same thing happend to me the other week i had to phone up my isp and they told me to type something into run then my internet started to work. I cant remember what it was i had to type in :'( Im not sure if thats whats wrong in your case
unsure.gif

D

Deleted User

Have you restarted the cable modem? (unplug the power for about 15 seconds)

If you are trying to connect a PC to the internet without a router via cable modem you can try these commands (after going to start > run > cmd):
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew

if you are using a router then you can try resetting it to factory settings (or at least check that it isn't blocking your PC)

hope that helps
happy.gif

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Have you restarted the cable modem? (unplug the power for about 15 seconds)

If you are trying to connect a PC to the internet without a router via cable modem you can try these commands (after going to start > run > cmd):
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew

if you are using a router then you can try resetting it to factory settings (or at least check that it isn't blocking your PC)

hope that helps
happy.gif

alcaholjunkie saves the day thats what i put into "run"
cool.gif
nice name btw
laugh.gif

mflo

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Edit: It's still not working TT.TT and the internet and phone temporarily went out because I kept tinkering with it...

Suranwrap

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Sounds like you need to install your network card driver.
Press Windows key + Pause/break at the same time:
Go to the hardware tab: Device Manager. If there is Yellow ! marks you will need drivers for those peices of hardware to work.

I am guessing thats what you will need for your network card.

mflo

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
EDIT #3: well now...It turns out my solution was on the cd in my motherboard's retail box.... now why did it take me 8 hours to figure that out....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: btw i feel this a good time to remind you guys that sea of thieves was made by rare, who also...