Homebrew I need help with downgrading. Any help?

zezzo

The "Black Ace"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a O3ds on firmware 10.3 I feel like downgrading. I can't hard mod. Could someone point me in the right direction? Should I use sysupdater or safesysupdater?

After Downgrading, what CFW should I use? Rxtools? Reinand? Which one is better? Also which one is user friendly?

After all of this, what games do you guys recommend me to try out?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some reason, people say to use regular sysupdater
You're free to do so. There's not much difference between them. I do recommend you use SafeSysUpdater to at least check your update files before downgrading with either program.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my Ds froze.. Nothing is happening is it safe to reset
This is normal. Give it a few minutes before you reset. It should be fine since it probably didn't even begin the downgrade process. I usually wait a minute or so after loading SafeSysUpdater before clicking downgrade.

Devastus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my Ds froze.. Nothing is happening is it safe to reset
If it froze right when you hit the downgrade button in sysupdater, then the 3ds crashed. Reboot and try again, chances are you'll have to do it a handful of times.

zezzo

The "Black Ace"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IT FROZE?! IS IT BLACK?!
I reset it..

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

This is normal. Give it a few minutes before you reset. It should be fine since it probably didn't even begin the downgrade process. I usually wait a minute or so after loading SafeSysUpdater before clicking downgrade.
ill use safe sysupdater

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It depends on what works for you. I downgraded my O3DSXL the other day. I used Cubic Ninja and put on menuhax. I then used that and CN in an attempt to run safesysupdater, but it would not run successfully. It would get stuck on the black screen (red dots on the left side) or get stuck at "HAX SUCCESS" screen, before showing init. I had to use regular sysupdater from here (http://gbatemp.net/threads/simple-guide-to-downgrading-your-3ds.407888/) for it to work. Once I did, it worked right away, and rebooted into 9.2.0.20-U. Of course, it is important to note that once I downgraded, menuhax was gone.

If you press (Y) in safesysupdater and it goes black or doesn't show the screen with green text, you can just power it off and back on. It is hit or miss for some reason.

Devastus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sysupdater and SafeSysUpdater are almost the same program, and each has been known to freeze at the beginning. In the future, wait a minute after loading either program before clicking downgrade.
To expand on this: safesysupdater is the same program as sysupdater, with the exception of a few safety checks it performs before downgrading to help prevent potential bricks during the process.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To expand on this: safesysupdater is the same program as sysupdater, with the exception of a few safety checks it performs before downgrading to help prevent potential bricks during the process.
Depending on the version of sysUpdater being used, there might be some other differences, such as the order of files downgraded, etc.

Reactions: Devastus

zezzo

The "Black Ace"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it did it. It rebooted. I used theme hax so
It works. Thanks. Time to do it with my other Ds. I used sysupdater

How would I back up my save file? I have a fire emblem awakening I don't want to lose it. :(

Devastus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It works. Thanks. Time to do it with my other Ds. I used sysupdater

How would I back up my save file? I have a fire emblem awakening I don't want to lose it. :(
You can use svdt to backup your save data, I personally use and prefer JK save manager but both will get the job done.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9kE3Env_2AY?si=Bs6lUZ0ZIlqmYaGT