Hacking I need help recovering my old 3ds xl from frankenware

Bateees

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Several months ago I posted about having a 3ds with frankenware that will not boot into any apps from the main menu or boot any cartridge without giving the error message. Here's a video showing the 3ds:

Well today I decided to try again with the 3ds to install boot9strap and was finally successful after an hour or so. Now I have no idea what to do but I am able to boot into Godmode9, Decrypt9WIP, and Hourglass9. I have the 2.1.0 file to downgrade the system but could not find a tutorial to help anywhere. Please keep in mind I will not be able to use the 3ds menu for anything because apps will not open.

TarkinMX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you have b9s installed now and able to boot into godmode9 and decrypt9wip? Are you able to boot into Luma by chance? And I know you said you're on frankenware but what firmware does your 3ds show? Do you have any backups from before you did the frankenware?

Last edited by TarkinMX,

Bateees

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you have b9s installed now and able to boot into godmode9 and decrypt9wip? Are you able to boot into Luma by chance? And I know you said you're on frankenware but what firmware does your 3ds show? Do you have any backups from before you did the frankenware?

How do I boot into Luma? I can't open the system settings to find out which firmware I'm on. The only backup I have is with the Frankenware. I was in the middle of installing Luma3DS and succesfully downgraded to 2.1.0. The website suddenly changed while I was in the middle of downgrading, and I thought that the website was offline because I couldn't get the exploit to load. Instead of asking for help I had the bright idea of using a smash bros cartridge to update back from the low firmware which caused the frankenware.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Make a NAND backup then try a CTR transfer https://3ds.guide/ctrtransfer
Going to try it now. Thank you!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: oh ye i made a post i did forget they had an account i prob shouldve tagged them in the post tbh