i need help port forwarding!

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by baffle-boy, Aug 14, 2009.

Aug 14, 2009
  1. baffle-boy
    OP

Member baffle-boy GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    sooo i wanted to backup the save file on my commercial kirby superstar ultra cart so i can use it on my r4. i have savreceiver and savsender (if there's an easier program to use please tell me) and i found out i need to... port forward? to use them. i am stuck at the part where i go to my router's web interface (is that right?) if im correct i type in my IP adress into the IE adress bar, but im taken to a google search (what happens to me when i misspell something). im using a thomson speedtouch router!

[​IMG] (im a confused nub)

2. jphriendly

Member jphriendly GBAtemp Fan

United States
  3. baffle-boy
    OP

Canada
    i was just there, did you read what i said? i CANT get to my router's web interface... also im getting an EZ3in1 is there an easier way using it?

4. jphriendly

Member jphriendly GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Yes I read it.

You said "i am stuck at the part where i go to my router's web interface (is that right?) if im correct i type in my IP adress into the IE adress bar." You weren't clear as to meaning your PC's IP on the network or your router's IP. PortForward should give you the default instructions for accessing your router. Give your model number/ID and people may be able to help more.

And to answer your question, never messed with backing up saves like that so I'm not much help with that.

5. KidIce

Member KidIce Smart Ass

United States
    Routers usually have an IP address for their web interface unrelated to the IP address provided by your IP. Check your documentation for the router. Lynksys routers use 192.168.1.1 for example.

I haven't used the programs you're talking about, I use the NDS Backup Tool by Rudolph. You can download that here I believe, but you'll need to be able to set up an FTP server on your machine to use it. Beyond that, I don't recall having to do anything to my router or firewall that I hadn't already done to it to get my DS working for WiFi play.

Also, there is a NDS Backup Tool version that works w/ the 3-in-1. And while I've never bothered w/ it (even though I do own a 3-in-1), if you can't get a WiFi solution working, it may be worth looking into. Again, I'm pretty sure the NDS Backup Tool can be downloaded from GBA Temp, but I don't feel like looking. :-)

6. baffle-boy
    OP

Canada
    ok thank you i could try rudolph's tool (considering i have no idea what a port forward really is) but does it backup saves? because that's what i really need!

7. KidIce

Member KidIce Smart Ass

United States
    Of course or I wouldn't have recommended them. [​IMG]