Hacking I need help (G6 Real is Corrupted)

dabomb070

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(Edit) My card has just been reformated ( I didn't know I had to hold start during the boot process) Sorry

Hi my G6 Real (8 Gb) was corrupted when I inserted the card into the reader while it was plugged in, so this is my fault. I heard that the card could be simply be reformated, but with the loss of all data on the card, something i'm totally fine with. However I can't even excess the card through my DS or Computer.

When I try to load up Mini_Loader it shows an empty card, and there is nothing I can get to...

I'd appreciate any help you guys can give thanks in advance.

dabomb070

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I already formatted the card; but during the time it was corrupted my computer did see it as a removable drive but it didn't allow me to access it.

But the problem is solved, thanks for your concern

really appreciate it

dabomb070

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I checked the G6 Real FAQ (after making the topic) and it told me how to reformat the card (Hold down start during the startup) Though my data was deleted, at least I can still use the card

scandal_uk

Not Really There
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
To prevent further problems, make sure you remove it from the PC correctly by using the "safely remove hardware" technique.

Also, if the PC corrupts it, it can be quickly repaired by leaving it plugged in when you start-up/restart Windows - Windows will detect the drive and scandisk will repair it automatically if it has problems.

It worked once for me...

Good to hear you got it working though!
biggrin.gif

livefigga

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This is why i want a G6 Real but I'm kind of still holding off on one, why are all these people having to reformat there cards to get this thing working every so often, a flash cart should not be like that.

bulletmark

Trophies
XP
Country
This is why i want a G6 Real but I'm kind of still holding off on one, why are all these people having to reformat there cards to get this thing working every so often, a flash cart should not be like that.
I believe that problem is rare - or even just due to users not properly removing their card gracefully as per the instructions (i.e. safely remove drive in the OS then briskly withdraw the usb plug *before* removing the card from the usb adaptor). I'm very impressed by the G6 Real apart from some minor software improvements which look easy to fix and which apparently are slated for a new version.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't see how this happens. If you are careful and do not run incompatible homebrew (only way to know is to test it), it will not corrupt.

For some reason homebrew corrupts my card sometimes. Hasn't happened since 2.3 though

ejamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
After buying my G6 Real, I heard about these corruption problems and was very worried that it would be a problem. However, after one month of heavy use there has only been one issue worth noting.

The only time that corruption occurred was while testing some homebrew and purposely trying to "break" it. Was that corruption a problem with the G6 Real card, or the homebrew? Can't say... But after holding START to reformat the card and loading my files back up, it hasn't been a problem since. (And I've been running/experimenting with many different homebrew programs ever since.)

The card is not perfect. There are some simple software/interface changes that would really improve the card, and homebrew support could be stronger -- hopefully future firmware updates correct these minor problems. But the current feature-set really is very good, and the G6 Real will only improve as the dev team has more time for development...

The D6 Real is a very good Slot-1 option, and one that I still prefer to the R4DS. (Haven't tried any of the others yet, so take that comment for what it's worth.) YMMV, but don't write this card off just yet!

TheNeck

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

I have mine G6 Real 16Gb, for about 2-3 weeks and love it, so far no problems. I also have an R4 and a Cyclods Evolution(my 1st flashcart ever). And between the 3 of them I love the G6 the best, mainly because I like the GUI interface alot better than the R4 and Evolution, and I like the whole internal memory aspect as well. Also im not into homebrew stuff, so I have not tried any homebrew with the G6 as of yet.

AntvgX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Have g6 real from the very first time the card was in the stores.
I somehow broke my reader(still guesing how)(and too lazy to send it for replacement) so if i want to write smth on card i must do it twice(indeed strange problem). Everything else is fine. Thou i want them to make stylus control better on menu.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?