Homebrew i need help downgrading from v4.2u to 4.0u or 3.2u

kaelin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can someone please help me ive looked at several guides and read several guides and i still dont know how to downgrade my wii from system menu 4.2u to 3.2u or 4.0u or whatever and i cant get ios 249 250 222 223 to work in wad manager 1.4 1.5 so therefor i can install the usb loader channel or the backup channel can someone plaese help me

superbob

Trophies
XP
Country
France
kaelin said:
can someone please help me ive looked at several guides and read several guides and i still dont know how to downgrade my wii from system menu 4.2u to 3.2u or 4.0u or whatever and i cant get ios 249 250 222 223 to work in wad manager 1.4 1.5 so therefor i can install the usb loader channel or the backup channel can someone plaese help me
Are you sure, you want to downgrade your Wii ?
Very often, downgrading is a bad idea, Homebrew and Backup Loading work fine in every System Menu version (from 3.2 to 4.2 except Korean).
If I were you, I'd ask myself if I really need to do that.
Then installation of cioses 249,250,222 and 223 isn't done with wad manager but with dedicated dol installers that can be launched from the HBC.

kaelin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alrite i dont need to downgrade then i thought i had to to downgrade to get usb loader and backup channel to work ive tries to install the usb loader and the backup channel an i havent been succesfull can u help me to get the usb loader and backup channel to work on system 4.2u

imapterodactyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kaelin said:
alrite i dont need to downgrade then i thought i had to to downgrade to get usb loader and backup channel to work ive tries to install the usb loader and the backup channel an i havent been succesfull can u help me to get the usb loader and backup channel to work on system 4.2u

You don't need to downgrade. Just use xzxero's 4.2 hacking guide, stickied in the 'Wii Hacking' section of this forum. It's the simplest one you'll find anywhere. Don't install CIOSCorp, listed in the extras section though. I think it would be too dangerous for you to attempt, and unnecessary for what you want to do. After you finish the guide, look in the backup loaders section of this forum and obtain the HD loader of your choice. Wiiflow 1.1 is my personal favorite, but there are a number of good ones. Have fun.

Also, since you're already on 4.2, you can skip the "Update to 4.2" section of the guide, and skip right to the "modify 4.2" section. Do everything it says, being careful to follow every word.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...