Apple I need a new iPhone web browser

alidsl

I am now a lurker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Recently I've been using skyfire but I've been finding it incredibly slow, I started using atomic browser (which is alot faster) but it doesn't Load sites in mobile mode. So im just wondering which browser I should use now. Any suggestions?

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, there aren't that many options... Safari is the most supported, but it really stinks. I'd just recommend manually going to mobile sites, like "m.youtube.com".

alidsl

I am now a lurker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't really like safari and going to the mobile sites manually is a pain
frown.gif

ThePowerOutage

The Lord of the Flyes
Trophies
XP
Country
Atomic can view mobile sites. Go to settings Identify browser as...
Then click mobile safari.
If that don't work, try 360 Web browser. Very complete, even comes with an plug-in thing.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Opera Mini is a pretty good browser, I use it on my phone (don't bother on my iPod since Safari is fine for Wi-Fi). It might load a bit slower due to the way it sends the request to its own server to compress the data so you don't get charged as much. You also lose the good pinch to zoom if I remember right.

Edit: Redownloaded and yep I'm right. Opera Mini has a setting on whether to load in mobile mode as well as picture quality. It also does its best to compress pages (when I get a Peel520 w/ GPRS its going to become my main browser for that) so that you don't get charged as much. That makes it slower though so its not the best for wi-fi pages. Its main flaw is that it only has 2 zoom modes. Zoomed in and Zoomed Out. I understand that being in its Java version but for the iOS and Android versions it should have a proper variable zoom. Spread to zoom in, pinch to zoom out.

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use Atomic as well. I've used about 10 different ones and Atomic is the best for several reason.
The reasons I like the most are
Auto-full screen on load
Configurable buttons on fullscreen + configurable transparency
Tab list instead of actual tabs at the top (which are annoying on an iphone as opposed to a PC)

Change the options to display as either Safari or mobile device and then pages will show up as they would in Safari.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All the browsers are basically the same except SkyFire and Opera Mini. All of the browsers should load up websites up at the same speed since they were all build using the same tools that Safari uses. They will probably only have some visual differences like full screen and what not.

alidsl

I am now a lurker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Are you trying to be funny or just completely failing?

Anyway, Ive settled for a browser called perfect browser. I'm downloading opera now and compare them

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/rMHTo4sAYKA?si=UTMogWR09JOPIPF_