I lost my interest in DS/GBA/GBAtemp ...

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
..I think I would never get enough of my DS (or GBA).......There are soooo many games I want to play..and besides that...I can always play Golden Sun, Fire Emblem and Final Fantasy Tactics Advance once again..and I wouldn't be bored....The same goes for Final Fantasy III.....Pokemons, to catch em all on Gold/Silver, than Emerald, Fire Red, Crystal, Diamond.....Phantasy Star for GBA...
There are soo many games I want to play....I really can see myself playing those same games after 10 years..
I've just ordered GBA Micro to improve playing experience, and to have it with me ALL the time ( I already have original GBA and SP)..

beedog19

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It definitely happens. I've gone through the phase many times myself. I currently am unsure as to the whereabouts of my DS and so I haven't played it in a few weeks (moving sucks) but once I track it down I'm not even sure that I'm all that motivated to play anything.

A lot of what contributes to my lack of interest is my forgetting about the games that I had in my backlog. I'll get really into one game, stop playing for a while and realize that I had 3 other games that I was playing at the same time. I agree with the poster that said that the overabundance that we have is detrimental to our interest. We're used to having so much variety that when it isn't there we get bored and forget about all of the good stuff that we haven't even tried out yet.

SkH

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
wilddenim said:
I know what you are feeling. When my Firecard died, I avoided this forum so I wouldn't get upset about the awesome releases like Mario Party etc.

I haven't been on this forums for... 3 months? But now I've got CycloDS so I return.

SkH - But you've got an ill DS so I can't feel your pain.
frown.gif
Well, yeah!
frown.gif
My poor poor little thing...
cry.gif

And I can't have another, a new DS... like Silver OR the limited Gold
wub.gif
(if there's any out... waaah Gold DS...
cry.gif
) nor NOW that Green or Red...
cry.gif

Man, I want DS2 ASAP. My only chance... and anyways... we need it. We want better portable gaming machine Nintendo!!

Man18

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
test84 said:
its so sad,
I dont even open my DS anymore, not even for playing NES/GENESIS/etc.
There were times that I couldnt stop from posting here, but these days, I force myself to check new homebrew releases.

whats wrong?
Dont feel bad. I dont even use my ds anymore. I have just been hanging out here in the testing area. No good games are out (well ones I have not played).

gizmo_gal

QWEEN of the RadioActive Force!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Poor fella, I haven't been playing with my DS lately either, of course I'm practically a slave to school and chores, but I haven't felt like playing it anyway. I am semi-pretty active in the forums though, I just really like this place and it hasn't lost its "First Awwing Impression" afterglow just yet. Who knows, maybe this summer I will bore of this place and begin looking for another site. This is the only forum, I think, where I am so active so it would probably just be a site, not really a community that I head to next.

Maybe you could try wiping your SD card and playing only one game at a time and maybe using a homebrew app or two. One game every two weeks and be habitually tedious about completing them. Or wipe the card and play one game a day until you find the game you want to play long into day 5....

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
test84 said:
its so sad,
I dont even open my DS anymore, not even for playing NES/GENESIS/etc.
There were times that I couldnt stop from posting here, but these days, I force myself to check new homebrew releases.

whats wrong?

i fell the same way. thats why I'm selling my DS and flashcart. sticking around because the PC systems section

kikuchiyo

大阪に生まれた男
Trophies
Website
coin-battle.com
XP
Country
United States
Late, but valid - I tend through go through cycles here when I just lurk, don't check at all, or just check for releases and firmware updates.

I hadn't played my DS in months, but something got me started back on FFTA-2 a few weeks ago so I've been playing that and Advance Wars DOR.

It happens.

Deleted member 110780

WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should start scheduling which game you want to play, and that will help you get through one game at a time.

Geez, what used to be a hobby to pass the time has become a way of life that some people have trouble getting through...

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
I brought it out with me yesterday, hopefully to play while i'm in the car, couldnt even open it.

I was a big fan of Homebrew and used to mail devs about the bugs i used to found in their programs and they tend to fix it and stuff, now i downloaded like 8 homebrews and I cant even put them on my kart.

I feel no more love for SMB1 (i HAD to have my dosage, everyday) and no other nintendo "nifty" games.

like got Wii from a friend with SMG, No MOre HE-Roze, Zak&Wikki, but I havent SEEEN SMG yet. yes, not even once. (yes, maybe cuz I have to use downstair's tv and I dont want to)

EDIT:
same thing goes for my Japa/Japanese love, also my MyMario development.
Before my Master's exam (which you ALL know about it!) I was so eager to learn Japanese and developing my 2D platform game but now that I have time, I just dont feel like to. I wasnt eager to do them in order to escape from tension of my exam, I was eager to do them before of this whole exam thing but now, I just dont feel like to do ANYTHING.

I was going to learn AJAX and do some site, but I cant.

Its really bad.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NeSchn said:
It happpens sometimes, Once I didn't play runescape for almost a month. And for the past week or so I have been on every single day!
I haven't played runescape for two years, now I'm playing it daily

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: