Gaming I just realized that ACNL when set to the US region uses QF

ihaveawindows

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Out of curiosity, I changed my 3DS region to Quebec and the NNID too.
And to my surprise, it uses Quebec French (QF)! Thanks, Nintendo! It looks like now I can learn this famous type of French!
One question, though. Does this work for other games set to this region?

ihaveawindows

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
In Canada, I guess, you use the "North American cartridges," the same as USA, so with a "standard" "american-french".
The Quebec French should be only in 3DS Menu
No, it uses QF in ACNL too.

What exactly tipped you off to the difference?

Well, for one, the villagers use «..., là» as a suffix, and we, at the café, uses «Ben» instead of «Bien», Marshal (now named Mathéo,) uses «chuis» which is a contraction of «Je suis», but is pronounced as such, so it's «ch'suis»

Please note that these are my personal opinions, and I am not a native btw.

Reactions: Kwyjor

EmanueleBGN

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Italy
In Animal Crossing the villagers use different languages (French, Spanish, Russian...) but, sincerely, I haven't noticed regional differences of them (I played European New Leaf and New Horizons games in Italian).
Maybe they are only in the North American version or in specific language(s) to make the game more "worldwide" (for example: in the french version of the game, the player can see that Marshal (en) / Mathéo (fr) / Scott (it) uses a Québec accent, and that another villager could use the New Orleans accent, and another one the langue d'oc, and so on...)

Last edited by EmanueleBGN,
Reactions: ihaveawindows

ihaveawindows

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
In Animal Crossing the villagers use different languages (French, Spanish, Russian...) but, sincerely, I haven't noticed regional differences of them (I played European New Leaf nor New Horizons games in Italian).
Maybe they are only in the North American version or in specific language(s) to make the game more "worldwide" (for example: in the french version of the game, the player can see that Marshal (en) / Mathéo (fr) / Scott (it) uses a Québec accent, and that another villager could use the New Orleans accent, and another one the langue d'oc, and so on...)

Yeah, I think you're right. Because Rowan when called on with the megaphone calls as «Quézécé», which I think is just a badly formed form of «Qu'est-ce que?». Anyways, thanks for all your replies, it helped a lot.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that when I input the sacres, the game goes like this: «You cannot type that!» but in French. So, I think their curse word detection is sharp, then?

Last edited by ihaveawindows,
Reactions: Kwyjor

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim: @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit