I just realized how much that sux

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Ghork, Jul 8, 2011.

1. Ghork
    OP

Ghork GBAtemp Regular

Oct 23, 2008
    I was playing OoT 3DS and finished the water temple and went on completing the saving of the carpenters in gerudo fortress and just as Im about to save... I hit the wrong button... Power instead of start.
    That button is not good there especially as long as it closes your software immediately and then prompts to power off.

What's your opinion about the button?
    I never use it either so for me that button is really just in the way. It should at least ask if you want to close the software before closing it.

2. Treflex

Treflex GBAtemp Regular

Feb 1, 2008
    United States
    New Jersey, USA
    DUDE. This happened to me, but right after the deku tree dungeon. Not a huge loss i know xD but enough to make me turn it off and not play for a day...I think they should update the software and add something to prevent that from happening :X

3. DiNo29

DiNo29 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 28, 2007
    France
    Edit : Nevermind, thought you meant the Home button. Power button is pretty far, shaped differently and feels way different, it's hard to press it by mistake but yeah, they might as well make it pause the game, like Home.

4. Ghork
    OP

Ghork GBAtemp Regular

Oct 23, 2008
    It does close the game, it just happened to me. I pressed it once and it asked if I wanted to turn it off instead of going to sleep mode while it also said the software had closed.

5. chartube12

chartube12 GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 3, 2010
    United States
    There isn't a no option since the 2.0 update. There is the power off nothing else. Hitting home may take you back to the menu, however since the update it closes any software played from a ds/3ds game card.

6. Ghork
    OP

Ghork GBAtemp Regular

Oct 23, 2008
    Would make sense if they added the choice with an update, not removing it... But I suppose there is some kind of reason. They could at least require you to press it twice x)

7. chartube12

chartube12 GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 3, 2010
    United States
    Til the 2.0 update, the only problem I had was turning the thing off. It originally took 2-3 presses for the power system button to turn off. Now The problem is reversed. Takes 2-5 presses to turn the thing on. If this thing ever gets hacked, I want the pre-2.0 button presses restored! Short of that, I think nintendo should disable the power button with an update. Make powering off a selectable icon.

8. Ryupower

Ryupower Brood

Oct 8, 2007
    United States
  9. R2DJ

R2DJ GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 30, 2008
    London
    For some reason I have easily adapted to not think the 3DS power button is the start button, although my friends have the "I pressed the power button. I thought it was the start button" dilemma. That sucks.

10. DryYoshi

DryYoshi Love child of Dry Bones and Yoshi

Mar 16, 2008
    Netherlands
    Yoshi's Island
    I always press Home instead if Start, but never POWER.

11. Pippin666

Pippin666 SSF43DE Master

Mar 30, 2009
    Canada
    Montreal, Qc
    I feel someone will ask to re-invent the wheel if he ever stupidly press the power button of his computer instead of the open button for the cd-rom. The pre-2.0 way of acting for the power off button was very stupid anyway.

Pip'

12. pachura

pachura GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 9, 2006
    This is totally f---ing stupid not to offer the possibility to return to the game after the POWER button has been pressed.

Nintendo is known for these horrible UI design choices, like only allowing to change the backlight strength in the DS/DSLite menu and not during the game. What's wrong with these people ? Don't they test their hardware with future users before the design is finalized ?

And what's the point of stupid SELECT button ? I've never ever used it. There's plenty of other buttons and the touchscreen to map all the functionality you want.

13. 8BitWalugi

8BitWalugi Taiyohhhhhh!

Mar 22, 2008
    Side 7
    I know that feel bro.

I pressed POWER once when I meant to press START.

14. brandonspikes

brandonspikes King Erazer

May 30, 2010
    United States
    New York
    That's almost as bad as trying to put a dvd in a 3ds.

15. nano351

nano351 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 6, 2009
    United States
    I don't have any issues with the power button. Although it is in a position where start would be expected to be the button doesn't do anything if it is simply pushed and not held down. I don't see how you could accidentally go to the power off menu unless you don't understand how to use buttons right.

16. chris888222

chris888222 GBAtemp's Flygon Fan

Oct 11, 2010
    Senegal
    I don't find anything wrong about the positioning, but my power button is a little irresponsive. Sometimes I need to press it several times to turn on the system.

17. qweasd123

qweasd123 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 13, 2011
    Are you stupid or what
    How can you expect that POWER button does something other than turning console on/off

18. Riku

Riku GBAtemp Regular

May 3, 2009
    United States
    There's should be confirmation if you really want to quit from game. And power button on 3DS in the same place as START on DS Lite, so nothing wrong with people pressing it by mistake.

[​IMG]

19. brandonspikes

brandonspikes King Erazer

May 30, 2010
    United States
    New York
    Tapping the power button while its on doesn't shut it off, you need to hold it for about 3-4 seconds.

Mistakes happen, but, still..

20. chris888222

chris888222 GBAtemp's Flygon Fan

Oct 11, 2010
    Senegal
    For the case with the 3DS, when you press it once, it'll ask if you would like to shut the system, leave in sleep mode or go back to the home menu.

DSi yes, 3 - 4 seconds.