Pou

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi guys.
I just hacked my wii using this ( http://www.iol.ie/~taz/wii/WiiHowToGamma.html ) tutorial ( Thanks djtaz for it! ), and right now, i'm playing metroid prime 3 ! Yay!
But i still have some questions regarding games with updates ( like Mario Galaxy ). It is advised to run brick blocker on all backup discs, but this means that i can burn mario galaxy iso, then run brick blocker, and when i load it on the backup channel, can i accept the update? Or no update will be shown after running brickblocker?
And also, can i continue to use my wii normally playing original games? Cause i have an original brawl, and i can still play it normally right?

Thanks in advance.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Pou said:
Hi guys.
I just hacked my wii using this ( http://www.iol.ie/~taz/wii/WiiHowToGamma.html ) tutorial ( Thanks djtaz for it! ), and right now, i'm playing metroid prime 3 ! Yay!
But i still have some questions regarding games with updates ( like Mario Galaxy ). It is advised to run brick blocker on all backup discs, but this means that i can burn mario galaxy iso, then run brick blocker, and when i load it on the backup channel, can i accept the update? Or no update will be shown after running brickblocker?
No update will be shown, but its safer to have starfall or preloader installed (in that case, you don't even need to brickblock)
And also, can i continue to use my wii normally playing original games? Cause i have an original brawl, and i can still play it normally right?
Yes, normal games play fine
Thanks in advance.

Pou

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thanks tj_cool.
I guess i'll install starfall...
But there's no problem to use brickblocker until i install starfall right?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It's not advised to use brickblocker. If you play with a loader (Gamma, Gecko OS or SoftChip) the update CAN'T be installed, and if you play through the disc channel it's highly advised to have starfall or preloader installed with disc update blocker. I recommend starfall if you just want this one feature and preloader if you want to do more hacking. After using brickblocker, the game is trucha signed, and this could cause trouble in some cases, so you don't want to do it, unless it's not avoidable.

Pou

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
got it guys
thanks a lot
so i guess i'll just install starfall without installing the region free gc hack then

Pou

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i can't seem to proceed from the first screen when i'm installing starfall...
i press B+1, b+2, but nothing... and when i press home button, it gets me to the homebrew channel menu.... what am i doing wrong?
Maybe because i'm using 3.3U and not 3.2 right? And if i need to downgrade... will i lose my stuff like the homebrew channel, my virtual console channels, and the backup channel?

Fabianwashere

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Pou said:
i can't seem to proceed from the first screen when i'm installing starfall...
i press B+1, b+2, but nothing... and when i press home button, it gets me to the homebrew channel menu.... what am i doing wrong?
Maybe because i'm using 3.3U and not 3.2 right? And if i need to downgrade... will i lose my stuff like the homebrew channel, my virtual console channels, and the backup channel?
No, you won't lose anything
wink.gif

Pou

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
yeah, press 1 instead of 2...
but i just saw on another topic that i have to be on 3.2...
So, my last question is, if i downgrade my system, will i lose my chanels?

Posts merged

oh, Fabianwashere just answered when i was typing =P
Thanks a lot, i'll downgrade to 3.2u now

i just have to follow these steps right?

[STEP 1] [Perform BOTH these steps if you are already on 3.3 or 3.4 then move on to Step 2]

+Load Wad Manager in Homebrew Channel and install IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad
Yes, even if you have received errors trying to install other wads this should still work.

+Load Custom WM in Homebrew Channel and install cios_fix.wad
You cannot install this wad with Wad Manager. This is a custom wad manager designed to work for IOS16.

+Load IOS Downgrader in Homebrew Channel. Just follow any prompts until it tells you it is complete.
**Note: This is NOT the same as the cIOS downgrader. The cIOS downgrader allows you to upgrade or downgrade to the ideal firmware
version which is 3.2. The reason 3.2 is so popular is partially because versions after this one had the Trucha bug fixed, and almost
as importantly ver 3.2 is required to run Starfall. Starfall is important because it is at this time one of the only ways to fix a
partially bricked Wii. It is also handy for skipping disk updates.

[STEP 2] [Perform these steps if you have completed Step 1 above or if you are on a version below 3.2. If you ARE on 3.2, skip to STEP 3]

+Load cIOS Downgrader in Homebrew channel MAKING SURE you PICK YOUR CORRECT REGION. Follow prompts until done.
3.2U = USA/Canada, 3.2E = Europe, 3.2J = Japan
**Note: Once again, this is NOT the same as IOS Downgrader. This is what will upgrade or downgrade you to version 3.2 firmware
which will allow you to install starfall. Starfall is important because it is at this time one of the only ways to fix a
partially bricked Wii. It is also handy for skipping disk updates.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Pou said:
oh, Fabianwashere just answered when i was typing =P
Thanks a lot, i'll downgrade to 3.2u now

i just have to follow these steps right?

[STEP 1] [Perform BOTH these steps if you are already on 3.3 or 3.4 then move on to Step 2]
blah blah

[STEP 2] [Perform these steps if you have completed Step 1 above or if you are on a version below 3.2. If you ARE on 3.2, skip to STEP 3]
more blah blah

Yeah just follow those steps

Pou

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
oh, i forgot to ask, there's no problem if i downgrade my wii after i have installed the backup channel right?

Pou

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Guys... i was following those steps accordingly, but when i try to install CIOS_FIX.wad, i get an ERROR! (ret = -1035)

What should i do?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Pou said:
Guys... i was following those steps accordingly, but when i try to install CIOS_FIX.wad, i get an ERROR! (ret = -1035)

What should i do?

If you already have a working cIOS installed, skip this step anyways, same as installing the cIOS at the end.

Pou

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i just installed it with the normal wad manager, but when i start the IOS downgrader, i get a error ret -116, when i'm initializing network... so, do i have to be connected to the internet when i use ios downgrader? Or should i just skip this step and use the cIOS downgrader?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Pou said:
i just installed it with the normal wad manager, but when i start the IOS downgrader, i get a error ret -116, when i'm initializing network... so, do i have to be connected to the internet when i use ios downgrader? Or should i just skip this step and use the cIOS downgrader?
You need internet connection

Pou

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
ok, i did all the downgrade stuff, and i'm on the starfall features page... Which are the features that i should install? Cuz besides the disc update thing, i don't know which one of them is good for me.

I think i'll install skip disc update,region free channels and wii games, rescue menu when y is pressed... what about this remove rescue menu diagnostic, is this important?

EDIT:
Ok, i installed everything except the BGM thing ( i like it =D ), the health page thing, and the region free gc games... So now, can i run a super mario galaxy backup normally right? and another thing... I can install the GC backup loader normally too right?

Pou

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
help guys, after i installed starfall, my backup loader channel is not loading games anymore... it is like 5 minutes on a blackscreen after i clicked start on the backup loader channel

EDIT: I reinstalled the CIOS, and it worked =]

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill