Gaming I just got Project M!!!

Falco_DJ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finally got Project M! I've been wanting that game for ever, and now I have it! I do have some questions though, so I thought I'd ask.

1. My first question is how do I turn off Challenger Approaching? I'm trying to learn the game, figure out my main, and some combos, so every time Challenger Approaching comes up its quite frustrating. So any help on turning this off is appreciated!

2. I have the Project M Wi-Fi wbfs file, and subspace emissary is removed. I was wondering is it possible to play online with a wii? Do have to do something for it to work, or is that dolphin only? Any help on this is also appreciated!

3. Is there a Channel forwarder for Project M wbfs? I would love it if there was, but it really doesn't matter, the only reason I ask is because my brother, and my sister love the game but they dont understand USB Loader GX. I'm not sure how they don't get it, but they just dont understand it.

Thanks to anyone who tries to help me!

bananapi761

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I finally got Project M! I've been wanting that game for ever, and now I have it! I do have some questions though, so I thought I'd ask.

1. My first question is how do I turn off Challenger Approaching? I'm trying to learn the game, figure out my main, and some combos, so every time Challenger Approaching comes up its quite frustrating. So any help on turning this off is appreciated!

2. I have the Project M Wi-Fi wbfs file, and subspace emissary is removed. I was wondering is it possible to play online with a wii? Do have to do something for it to work, or is that dolphin only? Any help on this is also appreciated!

3. Is there a Channel forwarder for Project M wbfs? I would love it if there was, but it really doesn't matter, the only reason I ask is because my brother, and my sister love the game but they dont understand USB Loader GX. I'm not sure how they don't get it, but they just dont understand it.

Thanks to anyone who tries to help me!
1. I doubt it, as that is a mechanic of the main game, but I could be wrong, I haven't played PM in a while.
2. Yes, you can play online on original hardware. Wiimmfi supports Brawl with codes and patches and such, I don't think with PM though. If you really want to play it online, then you'll probably need a PC and netplay set up.
3. I haven't heard of WBFS forwarding before, but if you use Project M as a homebrew program (which patches and launches your original Brawl disc), then it would be easily possible. Searching for WBFS forwarding found me this, but I haven't tried it before -
Crap is a little old, now it's WiiGSC (crap new name).
http://www.wiidewii.com/read.php?28,26965

But that's the way to go :)

It doesn't convert your WBFS to WAD, it only creates empty channels with the game's original animated banner.
That channel only contains a forwarder to one of your prefered USBLoader which is used to autoboot the WBFS game using your stored game's settings.

So, you first need to go to the loader's settings and the game's settings if you want specific features (ocarina, video patches, etc.)
then you launch the channel on your menu. (or use USBLoaderGX emulated menu layout and you don't have to install channels to the 48 limited slots)

Reactions: Falco_DJ

Falco_DJ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. I doubt it, as that is a mechanic of the main game, but I could be wrong, I haven't played PM in a while.
2. Yes, you can play online on original hardware. Wiimmfi supports Brawl with codes and patches and such, I don't think with PM though. If you really want to play it online, then you'll probably need a PC and netplay set up.
3. I haven't heard of WBFS forwarding before, but if you use Project M as a homebrew program (which patches and launches your original Brawl disc), then it would be easily possible. Searching for WBFS forwarding found me this, but I haven't tried it before -

Thank, you so much! This all really helps me out! Is their a way to patch the wbfs from my wii, I'm using a custom made Project M wbfs, so there is no ocarina turned, on and it's not loading anything from the sd card, only the usb

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Carotenemia causes skin to appear orange-ish in color. Orange Pi. Carotenemia Pussy. Get it. lolol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O i3? o........................................k
    Both of mine are i5's lol
    All right! Who stole my right sock? :angry:
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    At least someone other than myself thought it was funny :rofl:
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    DNDBD (DND×DBD) IS A REAL THING
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I didnt have school today
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Cuz it's some kind of holiday related to the town I live in
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Am I [R WORD]?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, People who create revival services for the Wii end up in disaster, same goes for Pretendo lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast wiimmfii went fine although people only use it for Mario kart Wii
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.