I just got a copyright infringement email

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by leafeon34, Feb 9, 2015.

1. leafeon34
    OP

leafeon34 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 30, 2014
    So yesterday I downloaded something off that Swedish torrent site (the original, not a clone). Someone had made a comment warning other users that he got a copyright infringement email from downloading that torrent. I downloaded it anyway. That was a stupid thing to do. I'm sure most of us here have the common sense not to do that, but in a world where common sense is not always all that common I thought it would be fair warning.

Luckily for me the email politely asked me to buy the stuff legally and directed me as to where I can do so rather than demanding payment and threatening legal action.

TeamScriptKiddies likes this.
  2. TeamScriptKiddies

TeamScriptKiddies Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer

Apr 3, 2014
    United States
    Planet Earth :P
    Im glad to hear the rightsholder didnt take action ahainst you. Its a sign of the times that lawsuits against individuals for copyright infringement is going away :).

3. RCJayce

RCJayce The Defender Of Tomorrow

Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    New York
    What did you download? Just the name please.

TeamScriptKiddies likes this.
  4. leafeon34
    OP

leafeon34 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 30, 2014
    It was Bleach seasons 1-8. The website isn't loading for me right now so I can't get the exact name of the torrent.

EDIT

Bleach Season(1-8)Episode(1-167) Dual Audio & English Subbed
    ss.png

5. NicEXE

NicEXE GBAtemp Fan

Dec 6, 2009
    Cyprus
    If shit gets real remember to buy whatever you were downloading so that the download isn't illegal anymore. At least in my country you are allowed to download any kind of media for personal use (backup) if you already purchased it.

6. Catastrophic

Catastrophic Perfectly Normal

Apr 28, 2012
    Somewhere
    I've gotten copyright warnings twice on YouTube even though I don't upload any videos. Twice.

I wouldn't worry too much about that email.