• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 1,618
  • Replies 5
  • Likes 1
D

Deleted User

OP
So yesterday I downloaded something off that Swedish torrent site (the original, not a clone). Someone had made a comment warning other users that he got a copyright infringement email from downloading that torrent. I downloaded it anyway. That was a stupid thing to do. I'm sure most of us here have the common sense not to do that, but in a world where common sense is not always all that common I thought it would be fair warning.

Luckily for me the email politely asked me to buy the stuff legally and directed me as to where I can do so rather than demanding payment and threatening legal action.

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So yesterday I downloaded something off that Swedish torrent site (the original, not a clone). Someone had made a comment warning other users that he got a copyright infringement email from downloading that torrent. I downloaded it anyway. That was a stupid thing to do. I'm sure most of us here have the common sense not to do that, but in a world where common sense is not always all that common I thought it would be fair warning.

Luckily for me the email politely asked me to buy the stuff legally and directed me as to where I can do so rather than demanding payment and threatening legal action.
Im glad to hear the rightsholder didnt take action ahainst you. Its a sign of the times that lawsuits against individuals for copyright infringement is going away :).

RCJayce

The Defender Of Tomorrow
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

What did you download? Just the name please.

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies
D

Deleted User

OP

Attachments

• ss.png
    ss.png
    2.3 KB · Views: 290
Last edited by ,

NicEXE

Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
If shit gets real remember to buy whatever you were downloading so that the download isn't illegal anymore. At least in my country you are allowed to download any kind of media for personal use (backup) if you already purchased it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*