Homebrew I just bought component cables for my wii

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wanted to know would it be possible to still experience 480p resolution on wii games if I were to use wiiflow instead of the disk? Also can I get 480p on gamecube games through backup loaders?

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
RemixDeluxe said:
I wanted to know would it be possible to still experience 480p resolution on wii games if I were to use wiiflow instead of the disk? Also can I get 480p on gamecube games through backup loaders?
Yes and yes. However, not all GC games support progressive mode (I'm pretty sure all Wii games do though). Look at back of the game case to see if it's supported. Also, don't forget to change your Wii's settings to 480p, and edit your bootmii.ini file (in the bootmii folder of your SD card) VIDEO= setting to PROGRESSIVE.

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I dont keep bootmii on my SD card but I changed it to 480p through my wii. Is it absolutely necessary to have bootmii I don't see how that matters if im running this through wiiflow.

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought the cables it came with were component cables? Well, obviously not, I guess.

Also, I don't think you'd need to edit the bootmii.ini file unless you're actually using bootmii, right?

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
RemixDeluxe said:
Well I dont keep bootmii on my SD card but I changed it to 480p through my wii. Is it absolutely necessary to have bootmii I don't see how that matters if im running this through wiiflow.
It is necessary to have it installed (and do a NAND backup) if you want good brick protection. You don't have to change the settings to play games, but if you ever launch bootmii you will just see a black screen unless it is set to "PROGRESSIVE".

If you don't have it installed and/or don't have a NAND backup, you need to fix that immediately. It is easy to do, and with it you can recover from any software-related brick. I explained bootmii here.

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No the cables that originally come with the wii just allow 480i resolution. When you buy component cables they come with 2 extra connectors (blue, green.) I noticed when you play gamecube games with the component cables it asks you before you play your game if you want progressive scan, so is it automatic with wii games? I know I manually changed it in the wii menu settings but I like some comfirmation in-game telling me its doing it like the gamecube.

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok JoostinOnline no offense but your going off-topic. It sounds like to me that having bootmii is not a necessity for progressive scan to work. I already backed up my wii and your just adding information that isnt needed for what I need to know. Im just gonna assume bootmii isnt needed.

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He's just trying to help - Bootmii isn't required, but it's greatly advised. However, if at this point, you don't have bootmii installed, don't worry about editing any .ini files. If you do, however, you might need to.

And yeah, thanks. That guy at BestBuy had no idea what he was talking about, apparently.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
RemixDeluxe said:
No the cables that originally come with the wii just allow 480i resolution. When you buy component cables they come with 2 extra connectors (blue, green.) I noticed when you play gamecube games with the component cables it asks you before you play your game if you want progressive scan, so is it automatic with wii games? I know I manually changed it in the wii menu settings but I like some comfirmation in-game telling me its doing it like the gamecube.
Wii games determine what to output depending on your settings. GC games that support Progressive mode will prompt you everytime you launch them (unless you are using composite cables).

To play games in 480p, you don't need to change bootmii settings. I was just explaining that you will have to change them if you want to use bootmii. I've seen dozens of threads about people getting a black screen when trying to launch bootmii, and it is almost always because of a wrong video setting, or the bootmii folder is missing. I was just trying to give you a heads up.

You said you didn't have bootmii on your SD card, and I didn't know if you meant it wasn't installed. I know it was off topic, but if I see someone's house is on fire, I'm not going to keep silent just because it's off topic.
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :tpi::rofl2: +1