Bloodgod

嵐の王
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
you got a tutorial on this? II think someone should post a sticky tutorial on this subject

Edit: Bought 10 800MB disks just for Shenmue. CDi Images are 750MB. Over burn can probably get away with 700-720mb, but not 750

Dr Eggman

I am THE Eggman.
Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
Canada
Also, in my findings, Alcohol 120% is best for burning DC Games.
Most games will fit on 700MB cd's tho.

Also, if you want to check your dreamcast's compatibility for Mil-CD (homebrew, backups)

The one on the left (1)[NTSC-U] IS compatible
Also, ALL PAL models are compatible
wink.gif

My DC is compatible. In fact, its a launch model, manufactured Sept. '99.

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Overlord Nadrian said:
I want a Dreamcast too! But my mum never allows me to buy anything...
i'd talk her into this one if i was you, there is no console that is quite as unique as the Dreamcast was it just gives me a feel i don't get from the others kinda like my nes games do.
that or get emancipated get a job then buy it.

pitoui

Trophies
XP
Country
I love my DC.

One of my favourite games is Tokyo Xtreme Racer 2. If your a car nut then this game is for you.

Pretty much all the other great games for the DC have been mentioned already.

godsakes

Trophies
XP
Country
the dreamcast is a great console in many ways it's aged better than the PS2 due to the games having that retro/arcade appeal

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
wolffangalchemist said:
Overlord Nadrian said:
I want a Dreamcast too! But my mum never allows me to buy anything...
i'd talk her into this one if i was you, there is no console that is quite as unique as the Dreamcast was it just gives me a feel i don't get from the others kinda like my nes games do.
that or get emancipated get a job then buy it.
Yeah, but I just got her to let me buy a Dingoo, cause my mp3 player's (if you want to know, it's a Sansa e280) scrollwheel just broke. I'll see if I can get her as far to let me buy a Dreamcast. I've alsways wanted one, but he never allowed me...
And I can't get a job, I'm 15
tongue.gif

skydoune

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
toguro_max said:
Yep, Saturn was the original Playstation opponent.
It was disc based (CD), and to play backups you need a modchip.

Actually it wasn't necessary, you only needed one retail game, a piece of tape and really fast hands. However, I broke my Virtua Cop original cd this way after a few months. Bought a modchip online for like 30$, installed it myself (no soldering) and it works perfectly now. It also plays jap games, you only need to change the region in the iso with some program.

Oh and about those big dc iso files, I seem to remember seeing those but in the end they would fit on a 700mb cd-r without overburn. It might be because of the discjuggler file format and/or extra data from the boot track. But hey it's been AGES since I burned one of these, I may be wrong.

ninchya

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOL U R AHHHSUM I love the dreamcast system its the best I have a real Copy of Marvel Vs Capcom 2 and Resident Evil Code Veronica u cant go wrong with buying a dreamcast.

Bloodgod

嵐の王
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
skydoune said:
Oh and about those big dc iso files, I seem to remember seeing those but in the end they would fit on a 700mb cd-r without overburn. It might be because of the discjuggler file format and/or extra data from the boot track. But hey it's been AGES since I burned one of these, I may be wrong.

this might be true. I just did some autodummying on cue/bin files that were 200-300MB. Set autodummy to 74mins. Came up to 650mb, then I applied selfboot it ballooned to 760mb.

Guess I'll find out when my CD-Rs come in tomorrow.

Stupid DC is still stuck in transit somewhere (weird me and TC both bought from the same ebay seller). I'm going to pick up a second DC unit friday from a local seller. Sega sports unit manufacture date aug 2000, comes with 3 controllers 3 vmus and misc games all for $45

Good reading
http://dreamlover.tecbox.com/

Edit: Tooled around with autodummying settings. If you set it to 69min 30sec then apply self boot. You'll get 697mb.

Bloodgod

嵐の王
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
IF you look at your paypal shipping email notification. You can see seller picked "media mail 2-9days." Thats gonna take awhile to get to us (I'm from cali to). Which is also BS cause on his listing it says "US Postal Service First Class Mail." Whatever though cause the guy replaced and added another VMU for me for the same price I paid for.

But the weird thing is the email said seller is from Savannah, GA 31410. But the item shipped from JACKSONVILLE, FL 32099. lol Hoping I'm not getting boned.

blueskies

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Me too. Sucks that he changed the shipping on us, I hadn't even noticed that. It seems like he may be some kind of dealer or distributor or something. Maybe the business is in GA, but his warehouse is in FL, or he's selling them for someone. Or it went GA -> FL sorting facility-> out. IDK, I just want to play all these games I've gotten the last few days!!

Bloodgod

嵐の王
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Pissing me off. Non of the Self boot CDi are loading in DC emulator Chankast .25. Utopia disk won't even load

What am I doing wrong? I'd like to have this fixed b4 my DC gets here.

Edit: Images ran fine on NullDC. But I was running them directly from CDi file. I want to run off the cd I just burnt. Bleh. I really need that DC ASAP

Edit 2: I burned Blue Stinger (758MB) on a 700MB just fine. Still don't know if it'll boot though.

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i know legend of Dragoon's 4th cd (psx game) the iso file is 715mb and burned fine when i burned it some days ago.
i think a dummy files only make a file say it's that big but in actually isn't.. maybe in a since the iso takes up a bit more space than when it's written to a a cd-r.
so long as it burns with out some error popping up while burning it should be fine, slow shipping is a pain this is why i decide to pay a bit more money for mine locally when my pay check comes 1st of September(though i under stand some people don't have a local option)already paid for part of it so he would hold it in the back for me (cuz some one got the used one)just in case someone happened to come in and want to buy it(better safe than sorry).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3xQO7neBmy0&pp=ygUXU2hvd2VyIHNjZW5lIEhhbGYgYmFrZWQ%3D