Sword & Shield at your service
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you heard me, I hope the PS3 Slim NEVER, EVER gets hacked. I want to support Sony throughout the future and keep making good games.

Mucuna

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
My PS3 got YLOD about 10 days ago. I had all the cares to avoid it, but one day it simply stop functioning.

I tought that only the firsts models, like the 60Gb, could get this problem, but mine was a newer version (april 2008) and YLOD attacked.

It's outrageous how Sony choose to carry this design fail instead of invest in some research to avoid a problem that they KNOW that will happen to some of their (expensive) products.

I know people say "ah, but X-360 has much more cases of RROD!", but that doesn't excuse Sony and it didn't repair my console.

I spent money on a lot of games (disc based and PSN games) and accessories, and, obviously, I don't feel confidence in give Sony another 400 bucks to buy the same system that could give me the same bricking defect.

So, if they manage to hack the slim, yes, I'll do it. They proved that they are not worthy of my money anymore!
hate2.gif

(except for the hacked system, of course
ph34r.gif
)

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
It hasn't been hacked, right?

I read somewhere that the PS3 has this protection that is "almost uncrackable". I think it had to do with the chip inside it or something.

pitoui

Trophies
XP
Country
I hope it does get hacked.

The cost of blurays are really expensive still (well here in Aus anyways, just under $20 for one disc)

moose3

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'd say it's far from perfect if I have read correctly...

The ps3 slim is not backwards compatible with ps2 games (yes with ps1?), so while the compatibility of the other ps3's varied, completely removing the compatibility just seems like a waste. Sure you can just hook up the ps2 as well (if you have the spare connections on your TV), but why should you have to do that if it was previously an option for earlier ps3's?

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I don't care if PS3 never gets hacked or not, since I bought all my ps3 games so far, but I really REALLY want to kick sony in the balls.

Charging ridiculous costs for each of their products (NO SONY, 249 USD DOES NOT EQUAL 249 EURO), lack of gaming support for both ps3 and psp, and they're just so fucking cocky about everything. Someone really needs to bring sony back into reality.

EDIT: And I wouldn't be able to download games for my ps3 anyway. Canada has downloading limits, and it's pretty small. No way I can download more than 5 per month.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
If it gets hacked I'll add 1 to the console sales although I already have a 60GB.

BD games don't have dummies because the read speed of inner and outer part of BD discs are the same unlike CDs or DVDs.

So you don't have to waste time and bandwidth and money (electricity, etc) downloading dummy part of the disc.

And most (I never said every single one, no need to present counter examples) multiplatform games are sized at under 6 gigs. Exclusive games aren't necessarily large either. A number of exclusive games fit in a DVD or DL-DVD as well.

The HDD at 120GBs, if the hack uses loading images off its HDD then you can probably put 20 games in there at a given time.

But either way, I don't mind paying for games. I do for all other consoles and handhelds anyway.

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
a modchip team have already reported a working modchip and have sent 50 out to beta testers. i dont think its very believable though, the site looks pretty dodgy. the teams name is belzar i think.

either way, if the ps3 does get hacked, it'd be a definate buy for me, i'm pretty sure the same applies to many other pirates. I'm sick of companies trying to justify higher prices now(450aud for a pspgo??!?! 499 for the ps3 slim?! im pretty sure europe gets ripped up even worse) especially considering how strong the aussie dollar is these days.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
If all the rumours are true, there are like 2 dozen teams with perfectly working modchips or exploits, being able to run games from not only backup BDs but also interior HDDs and exterior storage devices you hook up via USB.

And there must be thousands of people who have hacked PS3s but amazingly not even a single person among them publicly releases the hack.
They all must be tied up to bombs that will go off if they release the hack.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well it is possible to lock the exploit to that particular PS3

using the ID found in the system info

like how MS asks you for your system ID when you sign up for a preview / beta test of their newest firmware

but anyway a load of people / teams saying they have exploits and whatever else they say they have are full of crap
mainly just looking for attention, web site pages views (to make them look at ads and such) etc

xDlmaoxD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Might as well pay for the games unless theres a way to save the games to a HDD then it would be useful.
But I wish it did for the hell of it.

benjaminlibl

Funky Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
Link5084 said:
Yes, you heard me, I hope the PS3 Slim NEVER, EVER gets hacked. I want to support Sony throughout the future and keep making good games.
When there's more demand for it, it will be hacked. There's too few games and too few players(in comparison) for anyone to care about it right now. But it WILL happen.

D

Deleted User

Link5084 said:
You know - you can still support Sony, even if it gets hacked.
ph34r.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*