Hacking I have tested 10 ak2i's on the XL heres the result.

bennyroger

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Bought a total of 10 AK2i and tested on the DSi XL.
2 Bought from Shoptemp
5 Bought from Priceangels
3 Bought from Goldenbridge
All cards are equal, arrived at the same date, have same hardware ID.
7 Cards worked just fine after updating to 1.4
1 card needed paper trick
2 cards was troublesome (both from shoptemp) 1 of the cards finally worked after xx number of tries, the last one will not work on the XL, but works just fine on a DSL. (updating went fine but will not be recognised by the xl)

I hope this is not the real statistics for the Ak2i on the XL, 3 of the 10 cards had problems, funny thing all of them works on the DSL, so it have to be something with the cartridge design making it troublesome to get correct contact.

I also tested 10 R4RTS (m3 team), 20 R4i from r4i-sdhc.com and 10 real DSTTi cards, none of these had any problems.
The XL have also been tested with cards from M3 (Zero), Supercard, Edgei and EZ and none of these had any problems.

Leonidas

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Thanks for the test, the results don't seem particularly surprising to me though. Which paper trick did you try? There is one where you push a piece of thin cardboard along with the cart into the slot, but the other asks you to put a thin piece of paper directly under the contacts.

bennyroger

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Leonidas said:
Thanks for the test, the results don't seem particularly surprising to me though. Which paper trick did you try? There is one where you push a piece of thin cardboard along with the cart into the slot, but the other asks you to put a thin piece of paper directly under the contacts.

One of the 3 carts worked by thin paper along with the cart, the other 2 did not, one of the two carts worked by putting thin tape behind the contacts, the last would simply not work with anything.

riot

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.masterblasters.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I tested my DSi XL with 4 AK2i.

2 Bought from DX
2 Bought from Shoptemp
Still waiting for 2 more from Shoptemp.

The 2 Cards from DX work flawlessly, but the 2 Shoptemp cards both need the paper trick to work stable.
1 of the Shoptemp cards also had a broken spring which had to be removed first.

I wonder how the next 2 cards and especially the Supercard DSTWO will turn out...

gweedyj

Brooklyn Beatdown!
Trophies
Website
www.thebrooklynbeatdown.com
XP
Country
United States
riot said:
I tested my DSi XL with 4 AK2i.

2 Bought from DX
2 Bought from Shoptemp
Still waiting for 2 more from Shoptemp.

The 2 Cards from DX work flawlessly, but the 2 Shoptemp cards both need the paper trick to work stable.
1 of the Shoptemp cards also had a broken spring which had to be removed first.

I wonder how the next 2 cards and especially the Supercard DSTWO will turn out...
shop temp is not looking to great...

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's from where the mounting position in the shell isn't precise and they are hand assembled, presumably in a SweatShop. There is just too must scope for movement of the PCB in shell. The AK2.1 clip shell allows for far less movement, hence why they have less contact issues.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo