I have some questions

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by OmegaIXIUltima, Sep 14, 2009.

1. OmegaIXIUltima
    OP

OmegaIXIUltima Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    California
    I've been thinking of getting an AceKard 2i and I was wondering a few things. First, I have a DSi with firmware V 1.4, is there any place that sells an AceKard 2i with the fix to get around V 1.4 or will I have to apply it with a DS lite? Second, is Acekard 2i the best card for the DSi? Thanks! [​IMG]

2. Sinistral89

Sinistral89 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 12, 2009
    Sweden
    Maybe there is some site that offers cards that are already updated.. Have no idea about that one.

THE ACEKARD IS THA BEST EVA!!!! (normal response on an acekard subforum)
    But I have heard that there are better cards but not as cheap.

3. OmegaIXIUltima
    OP

OmegaIXIUltima Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    California
    Ok, well I'm going to get an Acekard, wheres the best place to buy one?

4. Leonidas

Leonidas GBAtemp Fan

Aug 27, 2009
    Slovenia
    sLOVEnia
    Try realhotstuff or gamebygame. Dealextreme is cheapest, if you don't mind waiting up to 20 days. I also recall there was a site which upgraded your cart to 1.4 for a small fee.

5. OmegaIXIUltima
    OP

OmegaIXIUltima Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    California
    Thankfully I have a friend with a DSlite who will let me borrow it to upgrade so I don't need that. I hear Dealextreme only sells fakes and seeing their prices kind of reinforces that, do you know anything about that? Thanks!

6. wolffangalchemist

wolffangalchemist This is bat country!

Nov 23, 2008
    United States
    middleofnowhere, AL
    gamebygame sells them already updated to work with 1.4x dsi's good free shipping to got my ak2i in 3 days.
    dx doesn't sell fake ak2i's from what i hear though not sure about other carts.

7. BoxShot

BoxShot Chiyo-chan :3

Dec 18, 2008
    United States
    Middle of the ocean.
    DX doesn't sell fakes. You can sometimes get the wrong card because they put the wrong label on it but that is rare. The price is cheap because its from China or was it Hong Kong?

8. ray11

ray11 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 18, 2008
    United States
    well you can ask them to do the 1.4 fix for you when orderning one . realhotstuff was nice enough to do it for me when i had to get a replacement from them. when my other acekard 2i broke.

so just try asking them. they should be able to do it for you.

9. Tokiopop

Tokiopop Caffeine fiend

Apr 14, 2009
    UK
    If anything, it's other retailsers that have sold fakes. DealExtreme is very reliable and cheap, the downside is waiting 1 or 2 weeks for delivery. Longest I've waited was 8 days, and I ordered it on a sunday.

10. OmegaIXIUltima
    OP

OmegaIXIUltima Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    California
    Gamebygame charges 5 bucks to update the thing. I'll just get it from dealextreme, I don't mind the wait at all. I'll just have to update it myself with my friend's DSL. Thanks everyone! Oh, and where can you get the 1.4 fix? Thanks again!

11. nr4irts

nr4irts Member

Newcomer
    Sep 22, 2009
    United States
    like it and get it,so easy
    [​IMG]