Hacking I have a semi bricked wii here.

PokemonV

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I was doing this guide to install pre loader: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUMg7-eq5hk

I installed CIOS CORP on my wii and it shows a corruption error when ever I go to the wii menu. But I have pre-loader installed.
My wii is version 3.4U but I ran some stuff so it is treated as a 3.2U.
You guys think my wii can be fixed?
biggrin.gif

Edit:
And I have the 0.28 version of prelaoder

tripellex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Go back thru Homebrew Channel, reinstall Preloader again and it should work fine.

EDIT: Install the 0.29 version of preloader, since you're already going to reinstall it anyways.

PokemonV

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I reinstalled preloader 0.28 before you made the edit and it showed the same error

Edit:
If I want to update preloader 0.29 do I just take the .dol file and rename it boot.dol and place it in my preloader 0.28 folder and delete the 0.28 preloader file?

Louiethe0ne

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think updating to 4.0 with waninko's update might work then if you want you can downgrade back or install cIOS CORPS on 4.0

luser404

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I would reinstall the proper IOS and System Menu combination. For example, for 3.2u you would install IOS30v1040 and then SystemMenuv289 .You can get the needed wads legally by using NUSD. The drawback of this approach is that it will uninstall preloader when you install the system menu wad,so if it doesn't work, you won't have preloader to help you anymore.

3.4u is SystemMenuv385 which runs on IOS50v4889. It isn't clear what system menu you are on now.

You might try using wad manager to just install IOS30v1040 or IOS50v4889,depending on what your system menu version really is. The cioscorp install may have corrupted one of those IOS.

Someone please correct me if I got anything wrong.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-