Hacking I have a few questions about installing Wii U Backups

Polarise

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have a few questions about installing Wii U Backups.

1. So you know how the 3DS has an installable format that is in a simple format (cia). Why is it that with installing Wii U backups, it has to have all the files in a folder?

2. Is there a way to make my own Wii Virtual Console titles?

3. Is there a Homebrew App that I could install to my home menu that I could open and install Wii U Backups?

Polarise

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, do not want to know where I could find Wii U Backups if that is what you are thinking of from the title and just not clicking on this post. I already know that.

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats just the way it comes downloaded from the NUS. 3DS games come over as .cia but Wii U happens to have its games come over in pieces, thats just how it is.

I think theres a way to combine the files into a single .WUP but I dont recommend that.

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Remix answered
2. Yes, and the easiest way is with loadiine
3. Just use wupinstaller ymod with the homebrew launcher (in other words, I don't know of an installable wupinstaller)

Polarise

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Remix answered
2. Yes, and the easiest way is with loadiine
3. Just use wupinstaller ymod with the homebrew launcher (in other words, I don't know of an installable wupinstaller)
I want to be able to install the Wii title to my system. Not use loadiine. I have signature checks patched too.

Reactions: x65943

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to be able to install the Wii title to my system. Not use loadiine. I have signature checks patched too.

Oh, like metroid prime (i.e. actual wii titles)? That has not been hammered out yet, but some guys on the wiiubru irc said it's almost ready.

Reactions: Polarise

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have a few questions about installing Wii U Backups.

1. So you know how the 3DS has an installable format that is in a simple format (cia). Why is it that with installing Wii U backups, it has to have all the files in a folder? Thats how nintendo made it.

2. Is there a way to make my own Wii Virtual Console titles? No but soon(tm) it might be

3. Is there a Homebrew App that I could install to my home menu that I could open and install Wii U Backups? Sys config tool

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @CameronCataclysm...