Hacking i have a 3ds version 2.0.0-4U i have a dstt flashcart can nintendo

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo can't brick your 3ds, even if you have your wifi on. But dstt(i) doesn't work on the 3ds (at least not on the latest firmware), so it's practically useless on a 3ds.

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
but s4mid4re
said there is a higer rate of it getting bricked on ver 2.0 is it true
You got the wrong point. The updater has a high brick rate (it's not certain whether the bricks primarily occurred on fake dstts, but some carts that were able to update to support dsi 1.4.3, for example, also got bricked); it's not that your dstt that is updated to support 3ds v2.0 has a high brick rate on a 3ds.

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I STILL DONT GET YOU 3DS V.20 HAS A HIGH BRICK RATE ON 3DS WHAT DO YOU MEAN
The updater is usually the primary cause of bricks. If there's a bug on the updater, your cart bricks. If you interrupt the update process (say, you shut down before it completes), your flashcart bricks.

I'm not sure whether it's a bug or a compatibility issue of the updater, but quite a few dstt's that were updated with the updater got bricked. You were among the fortunate ones, and you were able to successfully update your cart. You don't have to worry, since your cart didn't brick while updating.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Today I accidentally punched myself in the face at work.
Also today I entered this thread and did it on purpose after reading some of OPs posts.
Like a faceplam with more emphasis.
Not quite a face desk.

OP you may want to stop gaming, and attempt to get you some learnin'. I'm sorry, but you're not intelligent.
I'm saying that as nice as possible.

Reactions: 3 people

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
Nintendo can't brick your 3ds, even if you have your wifi on. But dstt(i) doesn't work on the 3ds (at least not on the latest firmware), so it's practically useless on a 3ds.

Of course they can, they hold the key to writing your firmware.

However, most people will agree that they very likely will never do that, so don't worry about it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:rofl2: +1