Hardware I gots a GBM :D

kaputnik

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Maybe I'm a bit late, bought my brand new silver GBM half a year ago. Got it from a store that sold the last ones they had in stock at a fairly good price, paid 600 sek for it if I remember it right. Considering what some ppl in this thread are willing to pay for a GBM, it seems I made a pretty sweet deal there
biggrin.gif

Tbh, I didn't even know GBM existed before I saw mine. It was love at first sight, didnt take me a second to decide to get one :>

BrainDamage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there anyplace that still carries these? even at a gamestop/trading company type place? If I were to magically find one at a gamestop, how much would i have to pay, you think?

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BrainDamage said:
Is there anyplace that still carries these? even at a gamestop/trading company type place? If I were to magically find one at a gamestop, how much would i have to pay, you think?
If you can find one at a Gamestop (it won't be magically, but maybe more like luckily), they'd probably cost about from $35-$40? I think it says $35 on their website. But yeah, finding one is still pretty rare from what I've heard..

oxenh

The most unknown member of GBAtemp
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
hi people, i buy a second hand gbm for 50 dolars, but can´t find where to buy news faceplates for it

so someone knows where to buy it online?

Liink

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Had my micro for a few weeks now and loving it. I mean i've played gba games in the past but just so convenient now without having to take a huge device if i ever need to play a quick game! Screen is bright and awesome!
Dieing for a new faceplate though! The blue faceplate it came with is fairly scratched on the screen - luckily if i can find a replacement the unit will be near new, the rest of the system is in mint condition.
If anyone gets any leads on some faceplates please post here, cant find a thing on ebay. Besides that, best 10 bucks i ever spent!

Cauthonluck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only possible way to get a replacement is to call Nintendo Directly and hope they still have a few in stock. Don't go to their website, call an actual nintendo number and talk to an actual nintendo person in parts.

Your second option is to check ebay every day hoping someone posts a replacement faceplate, or buy a GBM on ebay that comes with multiply faceplates, then sell the GBM and keep the faceplates.

On another note, I just got a faceplate from nintendo, its the ladybug one. Its new, unused in the original packaging. How much does anyone think i could get for it on ebay? Thanks

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
3 bucks maybe if it is in good condition and not any of the fugly ones. I doubt it will go higer than 5 bucks since that is what the original cost on nintendo.

I don't care for getting it off ebay, not interested in buying one.

I called them (NoA) 2 days ago, they said they don't keep it in stock anymore. The other regions will not even ship it to the USA, the "not authorized to sell outside thier given region" speech.

Cauthonluck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think i could get more than $5, as you said they are almost impossible to find, and this is new in the wrapper.

Here is what he lady bug faceplate looks like - http://www.gameboy-micro.com/faceplates.htm - its the red one.

You could put a new cover over it if you don't like the design, the main thing people want is a screen free of scratches.

Cauthonluck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fair enough, I'm just saying its a new never been used, hard to find GBM faceplate. The design isn't that bad, and if you were crafty enough, you could paint it another glossy color.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Veho, if you want a GBA flashcart get a m3lite perfect with gba sized shell then it fit flush in the slot you do not want a pro because pro only has 4MB ram meaning you can only play gba roms 4MB or less

Lube_Skyballer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Shadow#1 said:
Veho, if you want a GBA flashcart get a m3lite perfect with gba sized shell then it fit flush in the slot you do not want a pro because pro only has 4MB ram meaning you can only play gba roms 4MB or less

I can't find a M3 lite perfect in Dutch online stores :S
The closest I could find is this
http://www.sniptech.eu/m3-real-gba-expansion.html

It's M3 Real GBA Expansion with a GBA sized and Lite sized shell
Does it do the same thing as a M3 lite perfect with gba sized shell? I mean, is it usable as a standalone GBA flash card?
I would really like to know that
ohmy.gif

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lube_Skyballer said:
Shadow#1 said:

Does it do the same thing as a M3 lite perfect with gba sized shell? I mean, is it usable as a standalone GBA flash card?
ohmy.gif

no its just like the ez 3-in-1 meaning u still need a slot1 to load data onto it

Lube_Skyballer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Shadow#1 said:
Lube_Skyballer said:
Shadow#1 said:

ohmy.gif

no its just like the ez 3-in-1 meaning u still need a slot1 to load data onto it

Could you please help me find an online store that has a m3 lite perfect and ships worldwide?
Thanks in advance!

Lube_Skyballer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
how_do_i_do_that said:
black:
http://www.gamersection.ca/product_info.ph...products_id=298

pink:
http://www.gamersection.ca/product_info.ph...products_id=306

If you want a GBA sized shell, you will have to get it off of someone from the trading section or use a hot glue gun and mod a GBA shell from a M3 GEP.

Thanks for the help, but the products from these links are only the m3 lite perfect shells
unsure.gif
Is there a M3 lite perfect expansion standalone package or something like that? I can't find the GBA flash card itself.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
The thing you call "M3 lite perfect expansion standalone" is correctly called a M3 GBA Exapnsion Pack (GEP) aka M3 GEP NOT M3 lite perfect anything. The M3 perfect is a STANDALONE product, while the M3 GEP is a slot1 dependant device.

The closest shop that sells the M3 GEP that is clostest to you is this place:
http://shop01media.com/info.asp?ProductID=38418

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • NinStar
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, which one of your brothers?