Hacking I got a N3DS on 9.0-U, but I don't have a Gateway to install the exploit.

Tony556

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I live in a small town, so I was able to get a 9.0 N3DS. I also have a Sky3DS, so I can get Ninjhax and the like working (That's how I was able to back up my sysnand, install bigbluemenu, and PastaCFW, all successfully.), but I want to play online without updating to 9.8 sysnand.

Only way I can see to install emuNand is to have a Gateway card, which I don't want to spend more $$$ on. (I got the Sky3DS for my O3DS on 9.8 I've had for a while)

Is it possible to install emuNand on my system without having to buy a Gateway as well?

Trolling

This Username is taken. Problem?
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You don't even need Emunand to play online. Unless the game needs some update data, but those can be found as a CIA.

Playing Online doesn't require the latest firmware and will not update your system.

nyder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty sure you don't need the gateway card to use their launcher. Since you have cubic ninja via the sky3DS, use Gateways launcher.dat and their CN exploit to get into the menu that lets you make an emunand.

I could be wrong on this working, as I don't have a sky3ds, but I do have a gateway and I don't recall it ever demanding I have the cart in the slot when I did emunands.

Tony556

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't even need Emunand to play online. Unless the game needs some update data, but those can be found as a CIA.

Playing Online doesn't require the latest firmware and will not update your system.

But I thought I needed the cart to boot into Gateway mode to make the emuNand?

Would you mind showing me a guide/explain here to boot into gateway mode without having a cart?

EDIT: Yeah, like RainThunder says.

Last edited by Tony556,

Lenan

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
You don't need to update sysnand to play online, only you're game has to be updated.
Since you already have BBM installed, all you have to do is install the game cia and the latest update for it.

Tony556

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't need to update sysnand to play online, only you're game has to be updated.
Since you already have BBM installed, all you have to do is install the game cia and the latest update for it.

I have my .3ds files, but I don't know how to get my xorpads without running launcher.dat, which the browser exploit isnt working. Do I need V9.2?

Typhin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But I thought I needed the cart to boot into Gateway mode to make the emuNand?

Would you mind showing me a guide/explain here to boot into gateway mode without having a cart?

EDIT: Yeah, like RainThunder says.
I don't know if you've already gotten past this, but to make the emuNand, you only need to run the Gateway Launcher (which can be done without the card). You do not need to enter Gateway Mode (which does require the card). I believe the browser exploit is for Old 3DS only, and you would use Cubic Ninja to reach the Launcher menu on the New 3DS. Once you're in the Launcher menu, one of the options is "Setup Emunand". I don't have a New 3DS myself, and never messed with any CFWs, so I'm afraid I can't be much more help than that.

JJTapia19

I fight for my friends.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
The backup sysnand feature on pasta cfw only works on old 3ds. On new 3ds the file won't work and it will brick your 3ds if you try to restore from it. That's one of the reasons it still in beta. I recommend doing another sysnand backup this time using gateways menu.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast +1