Homebrew I give up...

yuka001

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm giving up on emulators for NDS...
All the games I want to play do not work.
Here's why I'm feeling kind of bitter:

NesterDS:
Earthbound 0: doesn't even boot up
Metal Max: Starts but graphics are completely screwed until it just freezes

SnemulDS:
Dragon Quest VI: Graphics are all messed up, especially dialog boxes
Earthbound: Layers are a total mess, especially during fights, not playable like that
Star Ocean: Simply crashes the DS
Metal Max Returns (English patched): Doesn't even boot up

Lameboy:
Dragon Warrior III: Quite slow, especially during fights, not playable like this

This is what I use: EZFlash V (slot 1) with 3 in 1 (slot 2). Some games run using the 3 in 1, some others crash with it...

I'm not being an ass saying that these emulators suck! It's just that they don't work for the only games I wanna play so I'm a bit frustrated and sad... :'(

PS: If someone has found a way to play these games perfect (or almost), please let me know how! Thanks!

kellyan95

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why not do something good, like giving up IRC forever?

DS emulators suck, but emulators for other consoles aren't bad.......many games work perfectly....Check the SnemulDS compatibility list. 5 games isn't a good test for an emulator

yuka001

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, but that's the thing, I want to play them on my DS, not on my laptop, cause I don't have my laptop everywhere, unlike my DS...

(What's IRC?)

yuka001

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey thanks!!!
This trick with Nestopia and NesDS worked!

Thanks a bunch! Now I can at least play this game on my NDS!

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
I've given up on actual DS emulators, I really doubt they'll ever work by a point where I still care.

However, I think emulators for the DS such as snemulDS are fantastic.

Lodis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nds isnt strong enough for good emu's

get a psp

I have a DS Lite and a Psp and completely agree with this suggeston. GBC, Nes and GBA emulation on the Psp are full speed and near flawless with very high compatibility.

The Psp has 3 Co-processors and one of them is a 3D GPU and 2 of them are rated at 333MHZ (1 is 166MHZ). Emulation is starting to take advantage of this resulting in improved performance, for example when the Snes emulator (port) used one of the individual processors to deal with all sound processing the main CPU was left to deal with the emulation resulting in a good speed boost. You also get full speed PS1 emulation which will soon be able to load multi disks without any need for patching, full speed CPS1/2, ScummVM, Neo CD, MVS (the list goes on) and all of these can also run on the Slim.

I only use my DS for games, all emulation I play on my Psp.

tech673

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried SNEmulDS and its really hit or miss with games. Some games work ok for awhile then the visuals start to mess up. I don't try any more. Plenty of DS games to play still.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over