raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm giving up on emulators for NDS...
All the games I want to play do not work.
Here's why I'm feeling kind of bitter:

NesterDS:
Earthbound 0: doesn't even boot up
Metal Max: Starts but graphics are completely screwed until it just freezes

SnemulDS:
Dragon Quest VI: Graphics are all messed up, especially dialog boxes
Earthbound: Layers are a total mess, especially during fights, not playable like that
Star Ocean: Simply crashes the DS
Metal Max Returns (English patched): Doesn't even boot up

Lameboy:
Dragon Warrior III: Quite slow, especially during fights, not playable like this

This is what I use: EZFlash V (slot 1) with 3 in 1 (slot 2). Some games run using the 3 in 1, some others crash with it...

I'm not being an ass saying that these emulators suck! It's just that they don't work for the only games I wanna play so I'm a bit frustrated and sad... :'(

PS: If someone has found a way to play these games perfect (or almost), please let me know how! Thanks!
You could play Earthbound Zero from the only-Mother 1 translated patch for Mother1+2 for GBA. I played that version
smile.gif

Rock Howard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I'm giving up on emulators for NDS...
All the games I want to play do not work.
Here's why I'm feeling kind of bitter:

NesterDS:
Earthbound 0: doesn't even boot up
Metal Max: Starts but graphics are completely screwed until it just freezes

There was a topic about it on Pocket Heaven. In short, you need to start a new game in any other emulator, save and transfer the save data to your device. It will then work perfectly.

Btw, Earthbound works near perfectly in SNEmulDS v06a. You just have to adjust layers right.

AMPonzi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Star Ocean will most likely never work on an SNES emulator on DS because of the compressed graphics and all that... they had a hard enough time getting it working for PC emulator... and Lameboy/NESDS both work for me for the games I want on that system. So I can't complain much...

PikaPika

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To TC: Why would you be using Lameboy if you have a 3-in-1? There are flawless emulators of the GB for the GBA.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To TC: Why would you be using Lameboy if you have a 3-in-1? There are flawless emulators of the GB for the GBA.
Goomba is excellent for regular GB titles, true, but for GBC games it has issues with a few games. Usually the games it falters on work well in Lameboy, and vice versa, so by combining the two you can play the vast majority of the GBC library. Personally, when a game works in both, I usually use Lameboy due to the speed-up button and the screen upscaling.

Grimalkin

Waaaaaaaah!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users