Hacking I found someone who could mod my WiiU for me, and...

ole

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
well I have the classic controller and I have been playing Sunshine

I just needed something to play the N64 games

The classic controller have analoge shoulder button, the classic controller pro doesnt have it, yes its retarded

And if you buy one remember some of them are with an gamecube connector instead of an wiimote connector.

bdhobbs1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The guy that modded my wiiu and charged me $70 for it... well, he's now selling modded Amazon Fire Sticks for $120

His facebook post reads:
I have 6 modded Amazon Fire Sticks. These sticks have Free Movies and TV shows live TV
Live sporting events. They are awesome. All you need is WiFi and an HDMI port. I will not sell these with adult content. Please text me if interested. I have been modding electronics for a long time I know what I'm doing. Many people have bought these from me.
There is no monthly fee or anything. Just plug in and enjoy. Updates itself with the newest movies and tv shows.
If you are local I will show you how to use the stick if you like. Thank you.

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The guy that modded my wiiu and charged me $70 for it... well, he's now selling modded Amazon Fire Sticks for $120

His facebook post reads:
I have 6 modded Amazon Fire Sticks. These sticks have Free Movies and TV shows live TV
Live sporting events. They are awesome. All you need is WiFi and an HDMI port. I will not sell these with adult content. Please text me if interested. I have been modding electronics for a long time I know what I'm doing. Many people have bought these from me.
There is no monthly fee or anything. Just plug in and enjoy. Updates itself with the newest movies and tv shows.

So now he's just selling straight up pirate services, nice (sarcasm)....

tyrran

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

His facebook post reads:

Not to defend the guy, but 120$ for a modded Fire Stick is expensive but not completely outrageous. What he did to your WiiU was robbery: it was purely software and you could have done it with a three dollar game from Best Buy (I got my copy of Lego Batman from NewEgg for four dollars). The modification to the Fire Stick is a hardware thing, involving soldering and hardware surgery that makes me queasy. The Fire Stick is a convenient little device, and the addition of root to access other Android applications and services makes it super handy. Additionally, he's actually selling the Sticks and not just charging for the service.

I read your story and it sucks balls, but this secondary service the dude is offering is decent. I would try and haggle him down to like 80 at most if I were interested in one. Or just hunt websites for cheap Chinese Android sticks instead.

bdhobbs1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not to defend the guy, but 120$ for a modded Fire Stick is expensive but not completely outrageous. What he did to your WiiU was robbery: it was purely software and you could have done it with a three dollar game from Best Buy (I got my copy of Lego Batman from NewEgg for four dollars). The modification to the Fire Stick is a hardware thing, involving soldering and hardware surgery that makes me queasy. The Fire Stick is a convenient little device, and the addition of root to access other Android applications and services makes it super handy. Additionally, he's actually selling the Sticks and not just charging for the service.

I read your story and it sucks balls, but this secondary service the dude is offering is decent. I would try and haggle him down to like 80 at most if I were interested in one. Or just hunt websites for cheap Chinese Android sticks instead.

He claims that it will pick up a cable network, Root Sports Southwest, which carries Astros and Rockets games and I never miss a game.

Is that possible?

tyrran

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He claims that it will pick up a cable network, Root Sports Southwest, which carries Astros and Rockets games and I never miss a game.

Is that possible?

Doubtful. I mean, it's possible that there is a good streaming service that may cater specifically to Root Sports Southwest, but I wasn't able to find anything off the top of my list. Also, most cable network streams nowadays need proof of a provider contract, and I would be really sketched out if he provides you with that information, as it's most likely stolen from someone else.

In addition, it looks like there was some progress made with being able to sideload apps onto the Fire Stick (sideload meaning install applications that aren't in the Amazon store). This is problematic: if all the dude is doing is sideloading the Fire Stick and selling it as is, that's as bad as what he did to your WiiU. You'd need proof that he actually rooted it, meaning you'd want to see the board and also see the UI to confirm that SuperSU is installed (an application that can only be put on via root).

Due to your shady history with this guy, here's what I'd recommend. Go to Best Buy, Amazon or Office Max and just buy a Fire Stick (they sometimes drop as low as 25$ during crazy sales). Then hit up http://www.aftvnews.com and get info. If you're familiar at all with Android, you can cross-reference against a list of apps to see what can and can't be sideloaded. If you absolutely need Google Services (so gmail, Play Store, etc.) then you'll want root, and then that decision can be made. However, if you just want access to other streaming services, you might be able to dodge that hefty pricetag and just do it yourself. That is, of course, if you're determined to get a Fire Stick, and this isn't just a passing fancy.

I hope any of this helped!

InsaneNutter

Trophies
Website
digiex.net
XP
Country

At the end of the day you paid for his time to carry out a task you didn't want to do / were not capable of doing yourself, which he did for you. You could have used your time to research how to carry out the mod and do it for free, however you wanted the convince of someone doing it for you, which you got.

If you spend time dumping the nand and the individual IOS's, that takes time (the IOS's part is tedious too).

It could have ended far worse, you got what you paid for, he didn't steal you Wii, or brick it.

If you feel cheated then learn from it and do your research next time. It's like paying a locksmith to change the lock on your house door, its easy once you have watched a YouTube video on how to it. However people still want to pay sometime with experience to do something.

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

bdhobbs1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol neither complaining, nor advertising

The guy who modded my WiiU is selling an amazon fire stick (jailbroken)

I am trying to research to see if it's worth buying it from him

So it's still on topic if you count the fact that the same guy is involved

ldeveraux

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It's off topic, and spammy, and annoying, and rude. Take it somewhere else.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP

no he will simply be installing x̶b̶m̶c̶ kodi and a few free plugins, it takes like 10 mins to do and costs nothing at all (except the cost of the fire stick thing)

but yeah i think this thread has run its course it has nothing really more to be added, people will always charge people for software that is completely free to use, and often charge excessive fee's and try to make out that they are doing some uber complex work that nobody else could offer, truth is 99% of the time they will simply be following a guide that you yourself could follow on youtube

Last edited by gamesquest1,

bdhobbs1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know what I have to say about all your rude, negative comments about me posting off topic.

BALONEY

And I feel that you are rude deveraux

I never got much from this place anyways, BYE

I won't be back

I will see if I can delete my profile

This place BLOWS

FaTaL_ErRoR

AKA ŦƕƎ ƠṀƐƝ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tyrran explained what this guy is doing. (BTW I am a really big fan of sideloading) It's all software mods you can do yourself with little to no help.
I really am not trying to be rude, but it's almost like you posted your first question to gauge what people had to say about it. Then it really is almost like you are flat out attempting to advertise more services offered. I really felt bad for you being taken advantage of earlier. But honestly if you aren't advertising for this guy then you deserve every failed un repaired un refunded issue you get if you continue to purchase from a guy that charges for services that don't work.
Again sorry man not trying to be rude but if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck it sure as hell isn't a moose.

Megaben99

I'm not an intern. I'm a messenger of the Gods!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Is that possible?
This is 100% possible. Related: I have a bridge in Brooklyn that you might be interested in.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, The Russians are after you lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send me your ip I'll remotely fix it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 my head needs fixing if I believe you
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's kinda fun watching it happen tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It needs fixing for other things but your pc I can fix
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    over 300+ virus/trojians/worms after scanning, what did I do to deserve this attention lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    tho I find it funny when i receive other people's pc/laptops in this state
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wont be upgrading unless I cant run the games i want anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spill water on it good excuse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 that's like a valid option if someone else is paying for ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Daddy's wallet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ngl hogwarts legacy has good pooping music
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    That's uh-
    That's certainly a Dairy Queen sign lmao
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You should see his help wanted signs
    Ugh, so many sweat-dipwads in Sploon 3 Anarchy mode tonight
    I didn't know this was "Make Octo never finish Fresh Season 2024 Catalog in Splatoon 3" month, good god
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of "confirming" games you know will get released. Like Nintendo "confirming" a Zelda sequel. "We can't be sure Nintendo is working on a new Zelda game, or if a new Zelda game will ever be released, until they officially confirm it."
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "There is literally no way to know if they will ever release a new Zelda game, it's wild speculation until they officially confirm it."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Black ops was the lesser shitter line in cock a poopoo tbf just a way to let people know it hasn't died or going a different route I guess
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $70 DLC per 6 months is what it turned into
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/R28ZSY2Sc2A?si=H5Lb6PNkzMhAHO_P