Hacking I finished Plailect's guide, what's next?

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have a couple options. The easiest would be to download two apps, freeShop and encTitleKeyDownloader. Those will be downloaded as .cia files, which can be installed from FBI (using the guide should be injected into the health and safety app). From there you open encTitleKeyDownloader, allow it to update the file, and then run freeShop.

GilgameshArcher

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
FBI to intall those nice .CIA from that Chaos site, 3DS ISO site, 3DS Mega ROMs site, n the best CIAngel for nice good CIAs direct from your Home Menu SysNAND.

Name of the game .CIA on Google is all ya need.

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3DS games, just use freeShop and encTitleKeys.bin Updater. No need to worry about mentioning ISO sites if you just use this.
DS games, buy a DS flashcart. Like this one. DS ROMs are available if you google "game name ROM"
GBA games, just google "Virtual Console injects with Nintendo-styled 3D banners" and click the first result. I've got plenty there.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3DS games, just use freeShop and encTitleKeys.bin Updater. No need to worry about mentioning ISO sites if you just use this.
DS games, buy a DS flashcart. Like this one. DS ROMs are available if you google "game name ROM"
GBA games, just google "Virtual Console injects with Nintendo-styled 3D banners" and click the first result. I've got plenty there.
DS flashcards are so cheap nowdays anyway. You CAN pick one up for less than $10, though I would go with something around $20 like the R4i Gold for a nicer UI and more reliable gaming.
If you need roms for those my favorite place is That Emulator Paradise (I'm not sure if the rest of the forums already has a name for it, but that's what I'm calling it)

Reactions: CeeDee

jlxturbo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed the original plailects-guide. Now I see an update with ShadowNAND. What are the benefits if mine is currently booting Luma3DS from the SD card?

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed the original plailects-guide. Now I see an update with ShadowNAND. What are the benefits if mine is currently booting Luma3DS from the SD card?
ShadowNAND isn't really meant to replace the CFW that boots from SD, so really there are no benefits. It's only really there just in case something happens to the arm9loaderhax.bin, the SD or the SD slot. If anything goes wrong, it still allows you to boot into a small CFW. Other than that you should continue to use luma3DS on it as normal.
TL;DR it provides no real benefit other than booting without SD, and it's built in safety net (alt_Stage2)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/ykuU8hnotr0?si=HzEN_fL2UyOn35HQ +1