Not open for further replies.

nash79

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys,
As you may read in the title, I bricked my wii by uninstalling systm menu. Im not TOO pissed cause I had the reflex to install bootmii as a boot2 just before uninstalling it. I wasnt good enough to backup my nand.
now the thing is. I have bootmii installed. I can run the HB Channel and Im able to run games from the menu replacement software. The thing is, im limited in using software that support GC Controller. So I can't get WAD MANAGER and I cant use USB Loader. Do you know if these software have some variants that use GC (Wiimote work fine once the game is launched so no worries).
As far as my menu is concerned, Im left with two options, wait for the freedom menu (crediar apparently) or find a way to get the menu back in place (by encrypting a dumped nand with my keys and restoring it to mine; not sure thoiugh).
Thanks in advance

KirovAir

Alcoholic Programmer
Trophies
Website
www.jessesander.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
I had the same problem. Lucky for you, I've spent 3 days to fix it and created tools (with help from #wiidev) to fix it.
wink.gif

First get a setting.txt for your wii (google it), and then use the programs with a GC controller.
smile.gif

QUOTE said:
1. Put a setting.txt on the root of your SD card.
2. Use gc_wadmanager to reinstall your system menu (with GC controls)
3. Run gc_fix.dol and (use a GC controller) and fix your setting.txt file.
4. Hopefully you are unbricked.

FIX.rar =D

When you remove the system menu as a wad, important files are deleted too, like setting.txt;
A removed setting.txt breaks Wiimote support, and stops the sysmenu from booting. It won't be recreated with system menu installs. That's why I was screwed for a while.
tongue.gif

nash79

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Darkmystery said:
I had the same problem. Lucky for you, I've spent 3 days to fix it and created tools (with help from #wiidev) to fix it.
wink.gif

First get a setting.txt for your wii (google it), and then use the programs with a GC controller.
smile.gif

QUOTE said:
1. Put a setting.txt on the root of your SD card.
2. Use gc_wadmanager to reinstall your system menu (with GC controls)
3. Run gc_fix.dol and (use a GC controller) and fix your setting.txt file.
4. Hopefully you are unbricked.

FIX.rar =D

A removed setting.txt breaks Wiimote support. It won't be recreated with system menu installs. That's why I was screwed for a while.
tongue.gif

I hope it will work. Ill give it a try in a while. I have another wii, can I get a setting.txt from it? cause I cant seem to find it
I hope it works
smile.gif

nash79

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dumped it, it's empty, is it because I have preloader installed? I used the search function with no luck. Can you please point me where I can find one for PAL? Thanks

nicksasa

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
nash79 said:
I dumped it, it's empty, is it because I have preloader installed? I used the search function with no luck. Can you please point me where I can find one for PAL? Thanks
its NOT empty
wink.gif
its just unreadable if you dumped it its fine

nash79

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nicksasa said:
nash79 said:
its NOT empty
wink.gif
its just unreadable if you dumped it its fine

My WII_FS\TITLE00000010000002\DATA contains 0 files and O KB. How can I copy setting.txt to the root of my SD CARD?

Update :
I retrieved it through "setting replace" application
let see how it goes now
smile.gif

Solecist

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
hey guys ...iam with the same problem....but, already made all this things and even used a wadmanager 1.4 that works with GC controller....installed some things....and nothing.....my wii doesnt go to teh system menu....ive got a PAL Wii. help me please ! :S private msgs whatever u want! .... msn: [email protected]

nash79

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Solecist said:
hey guys ...iam with the same problem....but, already made all this things and even used a wadmanager 1.4 that works with GC controller....installed some things....and nothing.....my wii doesnt go to teh system menu....ive got a PAL Wii. help me please ! :S private msgs whatever u want! .... msn: [email protected]

Did u install systemmenu WAD?
Why dont u list all the steps u undertook so that we can troubleshoot what ur doing right and what ur not? You shoudl even tell us how u got here (what did u do to Eff up ur WII)
Cause the method I used WORKS. Maybe ur problem is sthg else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: @AdenTheThird I dont know anyone else that has seen Greasy Strangler. haha. Cheers!