Sword & Shield at your service
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The thing is, I usually copy off people sitting next to me and don't really pay attention in class. I have a second shot in Algebra 2 for senior year. So, can you give me any tips on how to pass with a C or higher?

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Link5084 said:
The thing is, I usually copy off people sitting next to me and don't really pay attention in class. I have a second shot in Algebra 2 for senior year. So, can you give me any tips on how to pass with a C or higher?

Without cheating, just one. You better catch up and start studying. Borrow notes off friends if you don't have your own. Study groups can help also. Good luck.
smile.gif

Link5084

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Edhel said:
Link5084 said:

Without cheating, just one. You better catch up and start studying. Borrow notes off friends if you don't have your own. Study groups can help also. Good luck.
smile.gif

The reason I cheat is because I feel like if I do it myself, I might get them all wrong and I dont wanna risk that. How about if I study and if I feel like a question I did is wrong, cheat?

emupaul

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
actually sit down and do the problems, i know its boring as shit and hard expecially once the test comes along but you have to study its the only way. seriously, it's slacking off. I'm 24yro and I after reflecting back on what i did in high school, that is the only advice I can give. Just get motivated, and if your depressed get that worked out first if you can, then try to study.

Link5084

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've pretty much cheated a lot in Algebra 1 and Geometry that made me pass when a C- and D, but some kids who weren't smart sat next to me I guess that made me failed. So, do I really have to understand the material in Algebra to succeed? I'm really not good in remembering math concepts well

yikkyon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Formulas man!
Copy it down!
Write it in your hand!
Practice it!
Study it!
Study it again!
Do some problems from a book!
Study it again!

I don't really know any other advice than this!
yay.gif

Oh! Try and not make it obvious that you cheated (ex: same wrong answers... happens to me)

emupaul

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I would have failed my algerba class in high school but my teacher towards the end of the semester gave us 100 extra credit points to apply to any test we take for some wierd group algbrea project we had to do and scraped by the class with %61 grade average. (one would have to wonder why he would do so? felt bad for all the kids who didnt get it?). Learning from my highschool failure i wisened up and studied and did well in the college classes

T

tal32123

im going to take it next year and me knowing that algebra one sucked and i slept the whole time i studied everything last minute and never did homework (not a good thing to do). if you cant pay attention, try to and then study a lot before the test so you can remember. and remember do your homework. but test mean the most!

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to pass, you must study. I know Math can be a drag, I used to hate math so much and I used to be in the same position my freshmen year 3 years ago. My mom and dad got me back on the right track to being an honor roll student starting my sophmore year. I did what I had to, I asked questions, went to tutors, studied, payed attention in class and because of that I happen to love math now and its really easy once you get the basics down in high school cause if you don't know what you were doing in your Freshmen or Sophmore year, then you're going to have a real difficult time because what you learn piles up and you'll learn new problems that stem from what you've learned in the past.

My advice: Pay attention in class, ask questions and if needed get help. If you're scared of what your classmates will think of you (I'm not saying you do, there are some who have potential but are afraid of what their classmates will think of them for being smart.) then drop it. You have to be focused and do what needs to be done. There are times when you need to rely on people for assistance but there are times when you only need to rely on yourself instead of cheating.

Sorry if this is probably way off or if this isn't helpful but this sort of thing gets me going. I don't believe in cheating, I do things my own. To me it's like the saying "Go big or go home". Either I know what I'm looking at or I don't know what I'm looking. If I don't then that's my fault cause I didn't prepare more for it. But again, I may be way off and this probably has nothing to do with you so just ignore me if this is true.

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
are you allowed a calculator you can easily re-case for a better one?
biggrin.gif
I have never seen a exam invigilator take more than a cursory glance at calculators that people have.

I hate algebra, all they ever get you to do is memorise formulas you could easily look up in real life. and it only gets worse...

I don't normally condone cheating, but these sort of exams cheat the student by testing outright memorisation rather than logical thinking.

wazeer23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sad...so sad lol..i finished algebra 1 in 7th grade, algebra 2 in 8th grade, honors geometry 9th grade, and am doing pre calc sophmore year...idiots these days

MissingNo._

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Link5084 said:
Edhel said:
Link5084 said:

smile.gif

The reason I cheat is because I feel like if I do it myself, I might get them all wrong and I dont wanna risk that. How about if I study and if I feel like a question I did is wrong, cheat?

Thats probably the reason why you should get between both skills of math classes:
Senior Year Regular Math = Too Easy + Boring
Algebra 2 = Too Hard + Boring
Algebra 1 = Just Right.

And please don't cheat. I'm suprised all of your other grades would be good enough to keep posting here on GBtemp.net.

TheDestroyer

GBAtemp's Official Keyblade Master™
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Math is my strongest subject and favorite subject as well.. and the only thing I can advice to you is that... learn the concept very carefully... No one can pass math without realizing what they're doing.. as you can see, the reason because you doubt your answer is because perhaps you really don't know what you are doing.. so my advice is learn the concepts! it is not all about the formula.. sometimes it requires common sense..
wink.gif
If you have problem realizing the concept behind those try applying it to the real world.. thats what i do
smile.gif
Go get a lot of real world problem in the internet and answer them.. it may help you! I am a college student and I am majoring BS Nursing.. I took some math classes.. intermediate algebra, college algebra, statistics.. and I expect to graduate on 2011 lol

And cheating would never help you... I never cheat in my entire life lol... oh except when I was in kinder garden.. when i cheat on spelling
tongue.gif

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I get to take AP Calculus for the next two years of my high school life, and I do have to say that the knowledge DOES build on Algebra I. If you don't understand Alg 1 good luck in Alg 2, or frankly any other math class.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Math is my fav subject... Easiest for me. Not in High School yet, but still enjoy math.

A few tips are like:
- Actually studying
- Paying attention in class
- Making notes through class/borrowing notes from friends
- Study Group (Never tried this before)

Cheating was never an option for me...

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
never liked math, found it very boring, and just not enough challenging (remarkably, i used to find English Lit. MUCH more interesting)

Yet again its all about habits.

It isn't that people are born bad with numbers, by the looks of things you just never bothered to try once, and then again, and then your now at this stage

what you could do is put your mind to it, and just actually try, it will be much more harder though, since you have a great gap
frown.gif

anyway don't give up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny