I don't want a stupid "metaverse", whatever that is. I want Miiverse back.

Ondrashek06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Let's just face it, "metaverse" is a corporate buzzword which apparently refers to a sort of Ready Player One-like world which is used 24/7 and is virtual instead of real. Basically VRChat, Rec Room, or VR Second Life.

Miiverse, however, was something that actually EXISTED and was a way to pass time using a console if you didn't really feel like playing a game. You could hop on Miiverse, hop on a community, make a post, and read the replies. It's social media with a twist, and that twist being that you could read posts and comments RIGHT IN the games. You could play Nintendo Land and in the plaza, comment bubbles would appear with what other people are posting. You could play Mario 3D World and in the loading screens, posts would pop up with drawings. Smash Bros even had a special stage with floating posts.

And if you didn't want it, you could restrict it using parental controls so you didn't have to see the posts anywhere. Meanwhile, with the Metaverse, you can BET that Facebook will do everything to push it on you once they release it on Oculus.

Sure, there were dark sides with Miiverse, such as bad moderation, but the IDEA was one of the best and I still don't know why didn't they try Miiverse-like systems in other corporations or on other consoles.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o