Hacking I don't manage to upgrade from ARM9 to Boot9strap (after lots of tutorials)

bobdown

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone,

I currently have a n3ds under luma 3DS 7.0.5 (latest one Under ARM9 hax).
I have got real sysnand downgraded to 9.2 (from 2015) and my emunand to 11.5.
I always boot my luma3DS Under emuNand, which I can safely update firmware.
I know this kind of configuration is obsolete, I want to go for Bootstrap9 upgrade.
I followed a lot of tutorial on web, particularly : https://3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s.html
I followed several YouTube video tutorial with other packed archive ready for use.
But never, never I succeed in loading the chain loader menu (keep holding start before power on the console and wait holding start button pushed few seconds).
I always keep landing on home menu on the sys nand 9.2 at final, like there were not any hack in the console.

Below a capture of the content of my sdcard which works well Under emunand :

I really need help how to load chain loader menu and WHAT is wrong (I took files like in the guide). I can retry if you want, but it starts to boring me ! Have you a step by step for file where to put them for sure ? Is my 3ds console Under ARM9 hack the source of problem (prerequisite are ok to upgrade to BS9 ?)
I doubt seriously about the requirements needed to upgrade to BS9, i feel like Something were wrong or missing in my 3DS : I use ctr boot manager to load a menu at boot time, the exploit use menu hax I believe....it last since 2015 yet !

Thank you for your help guys !

bobdown

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks you for your answers, but I change strategy.
Instead of upgrade from ARM9 to bootstrap, I start from Zero to install BS9 with sighax.
I have a 9.2 firmware after all.
But Luma 3ds doesn't start : exception occured.
I prefer to open a new topic because, now it is a fresh bootstrap9 installation (godmode+luma 3ds 8.1.1) installation which cause problem

Last edited by bobdown,

bobdown

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think you have A9LH so starting from scratch is correct. If you want help you need to say what step of the guide you got up to and exactly what is happening.

EXACTLY !

BUT bad news ! luma3DS crashed. I explain :

I had an old version of luma 3ds (arm9 bin loader + menu hax).
I have sysnand 9.2 (downgrade)
I had emunand 11.5 (OK)

All was working and decided to install bootstrap9 now following YouTube tutorial :

So I formatted my SDCARD content EXCEPT "Nintendo 3DS" folder.
Then I took files from the link in the tutorial (which was updated because the options selector menu mentionned Luma3DS 8.1.1 instead of 7.1 in the video)
and extract all in SDCard exactly like in the tutorial.
I reached 3:30 minutes all was OK and when luma3ds seems to boot, a crash occurs.

A screen of the crash here .. :

https://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=164260IMG20171007135804133.jpg

At 3:10 minutes, safehax made a backup firm0firm1.bak in boot9strap folder. Do I have to restore Something ? Can I fix luma start ?
I'am blocked now.
I can only start bootstrap9 menu (holding start button) ... to do what with ?
I can erase luma config .. to do what with ?
Otherwise, I boot with the exception screenshot.

Starting without sdcard causes black screen then 3DS switch off automatically.

Thanks for your help (I don't know how to continue with this luma crash).

PS : I think my mistake is that I kept "Nintendo 3DS" folder from my old installation (ARM9 + menu hax).

PS2 : I need to wait 24h to create new topic, so I continue here.

PS3 : I am continuing with the troubleshooting guide so : https://3ds.guide/troubleshooting at menu : "Black screen on SysNAND boot after Installing boot9strap"

But ctr transfert for my 3DS in 9.2 is necessary (other steps quoted doesn't work, I go for ctr transfert).

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
EXACTLY !

BUT bad news ! luma3DS crashed. I explain :

I had an old version of luma 3ds (arm9 bin loader + menu hax).
I have sysnand 9.2 (downgrade)
I had emunand 11.5 (OK)

All was working and decided to install bootstrap9 now following YouTube tutorial :

So I formatted my SDCARD content EXCEPT "Nintendo 3DS" folder.
Then I took files from the link in the tutorial (which was updated because the options selector menu mentionned Luma3DS 8.1.1 instead of 7.1 in the video)
and extract all in SDCard exactly like in the tutorial.
I reached 3:30 minutes all was OK and when luma3ds seems to boot, a crash occurs.

A screen of the crash here .. :

https://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=164260IMG20171007135804133.jpg

At 3:10 minutes, safehax made a backup firm0firm1.bak in boot9strap folder. Do I have to restore Something ? Can I fix luma start ?
I'am blocked now.
I can only start bootstrap9 menu (holding start button) ... to do what with ?
I can erase luma config .. to do what with ?
Otherwise, I boot with the exception screenshot.

Starting without sdcard causes black screen then 3DS switch off automatically.

Thanks for your help (I don't know how to continue with this luma crash).

PS : I think my mistake is that I kept "Nintendo 3DS" folder from my old installation (ARM9 + menu hax).

PS2 : I need to wait 24h to create new topic, so I continue here.

PS3 : I am continuing with the troubleshooting guide so : https://3ds.guide/troubleshooting at menu : "Black screen on SysNAND boot after Installing boot9strap"

But ctr transfert for my 3DS in 9.2 is necessary (other steps quoted doesn't work, I go for ctr transfert).

First of all, you shouldn't be using a video guide, we can't really help with it. I think you can fix your problem by deleting home menu extdata. Details are on the troubleshooting page (deleting a folder from inside Nintendo 3DS folder). Try that and report back.

Remember that you can view a French version by clicking the signpost icon in the top right of the guide and choosing French from the drop down menu.

bobdown

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think video guide is ok .... until it stops to work :).
I did what you said : I deleted /Nintendo 3DS/(32 Character ID)/(32 Character ID)/extdata/00000000/00000098 (= EUR region)
But Nothing better, same result.

Should I go for CTR transfert (but link in the guide are for 11.5 and I have a firmware NAND on 9.2 I remind) ?
Should I follow the video guide "uninstall BS9 + luma 3Ds" ? At

Tell me next step so ...

Thanks you very much.

PS : English guide is comprehensive for me, no problem.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I found an image 9.2 for ctr transfert here : https://quantumcat1.github.io/fr_FR/9.2.0-ctrtransfer.html

look to be good to follow the guide :)

bobdown

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So bad news again.
I followed Section II) CTR transfert and step 19 (reboot), I still have the crash of luma3DS.

But very interesting thing : in fact, this is my sysnand which doesn't work. I managed to go to Emunand (holding L to switch nand at luma boot) and then I see my application on home menu (bad represented like a gift not opened, because, the only original on the sdcard is my old "Nintendo 3DS" folder I kept), in system settings it is write "Emu 11.5".
So I have an emunand but not anymore sysnand.....what that mess ?
I don't manage to go to my home menu Under sysnand 9.2 (original nand ?).

The guide seems to not work ??

bobdown

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All is ok deleting EUR folder precised in troubleshooting guide in "Nintendo 3DS" folder.
I made a mistake, because I deleted the one Inside emunand not sysnand.
Now Luma3Ds with BS9 works for sysnand and I even lost Nothing ! All my existing emunand with apps are there.
Simply using sighax to install bootstrap9 and then, I can install luma3ds latest version.
Nothing lost and reset !

Very proud upgrade :).

thanks all

Reactions: Quantumcat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.