Gaming I don't have eyestrain but...

Ultralex

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The same thing happens to me,everything looks more 3D after playing with the 3DS.
It's like a drug for the eyes

Ace Overclocked

My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
dragonkid6 said:
The world seems to have less color and even tho we live in the 4D(if you didn't know, look it up), It's like the world doesn't pop out as much. And when I look at 2D, such as my laptop, my mind seems to push icons in 3D and it's really starting to trip me out. And no I don't smoke or anything else and oddly, I've only had my 3DS for 1 day.

The weirdest thing is that I go see 3D movies all the time.
yeah me too
when i use the 3ds everything in 2d becomes 3d

zumbertinho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I also have this after playing with the 3DS for a long time, maybe because I always use the 3D and also because I'm growing accustomed to it. Also, I see things falling after playing games that have a strong vertical scroll for a long time, like Beatmania or a vertical shmup, and also see things getting bigger when I get out of a big session of 3D shooters, specially those that are on rails and the things keep coming to you at all the time. I think this may be related to the Tetris Effect (search on wikipedia). It's very subtle and doesn't last long, but it's noticeable.
Ah, also, there was this game called Insaniquarium from Popcap Games, and you had to collect coins and such, and sometimes you had A LOT of coins at the same time on screen.. after long session I kept seeing coins and little sparkles all over the place, it was a subtle effect but it lasted a lot (specially with this game), even when I closed my eyes .

Edit - from wikipedia (Tetris Effect): The Tetris effect occurs when people devote sufficient time and attention to an activity that it begins to overshadow their thoughts, mental images, and dreams. It is named after the video game Tetris.

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had this same effect after playing the 3DS for like an hour or so, it definitely is a little unusual. But cool at the same time. Goes away after a little bit.

ShadowSoldier said:
Turn the 3D off for a while. Shouldn't be using it every time you play the console anyways. It's not safe.

The American Optometrists Association disagrees. They say it's even beneficial for kids because it may identify eye problems sooner.

dragonkid6

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zumbertinho said:
I also have this after playing with the 3DS for a long time, maybe because I always use the 3D and also because I'm growing accustomed to it. Also, I see things falling after playing games that have a strong vertical scroll for a long time, like Beatmania or a vertical shmup, and also see things getting bigger when I get out of a big session of 3D shooters, specially those that are on rails and the things keep coming to you at all the time. I think this may be related to the Tetris Effect (search on wikipedia). It's very subtle and doesn't last long, but it's noticeable.
Ah, also, there was this game called Insaniquarium from Popcap Games, and you had to collect coins and such, and sometimes you had A LOT of coins at the same time on screen.. after long session I kept seeing coins and little sparkles all over the place, it was a subtle effect but it lasted a lot (specially with this game), even when I closed my eyes .

Edit - from wikipedia (Tetris Effect): The Tetris effect occurs when people devote sufficient time and attention to an activity that it begins to overshadow their thoughts, mental images, and dreams. It is named after the video game Tetris.

Any long time pokemon fans playing since Big GameBoy will admit to waking up while playing pokemon. And I've heard of the Tetris effect, recently GameFAQs had a poll to see how many ppl have experienced. Pretty soon we will have the "3D effect" circulating.

Also I read that being able to see 3D in stereoscopic is mostly mental and that some ppl are not able to see the 3D effect regardless of settings or atmosphere. What I'm getting at is that if hypnosis works better the more active someone's brain is then does that mean the more information your brain is able to handle and after experience the 3D effect enough times your brain alters what it see to con't. giving the 3D effect...

altorn

Trophies
Website
atlaswing.zxq.net
XP
Country
Canada
To OP, better think of something better to post as a topic because this is one of the stupidest piece of excrement i've ever read. next time try complaining about how the internet prevents you from going out. or complain about your ears hearing higher frequencies than normal. or your microwave breaks when you place a metal piece in there.

EDIT:

Also, also, also, last time i heard Nintendo NEVER neglected warning you that playing non stop for long periods will cause problems to your eyes; be it painful or not.

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I first got my 3DS I played it about all day, my eyes were trying to force non 3D things into 3D. Like they would become a little doubled looking, then fix. As for the color loss, I did not have any problems except the one I talked about. And even then, my brother had that problem too. That went away though, I no longer force things to look 3D. lol

dragonkid6

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
altorn said:
To OP, better think of something better to post as a topic because this is one of the stupidest piece of excrement i've ever read. next time try complaining about how the internet prevents you from going out. or complain about your ears hearing higher frequencies than normal. or your microwave breaks when you place a metal piece in there.

EDIT:

Also, also, also, last time i heard Nintendo NEVER neglected warning you that playing non stop for long periods will cause problems to your eyes; be it painful or not.
3DS owners come into this topic out of curiosity and I'm sure they were surprised to see ppl having the same(somewhat) experience. And here you come to troll. Nothing you just said applies here.

.d&n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Its a normal reaction.

When ur staring at something in the real world for awhile, ur actually using ur eye muscles to focus on that specific area

thats why things around that area gets a little blurry and the spot ur looking at either gets clearer or starts to seem getting closer to you. (Thats why in fps games when u use the scope in the screen edges gets blurred)

thats bcoz ur eyes will use most of its "eye muscle" on one spot instead of the normal whole picture u normally see

3ds did help me visually on one thing though

I am one of those ppl who could never see 3d by doing cross eye by those images that is side by side, the 2 pictures which u have to make a third image in the middle.

Like i remember i really wanted to see it, but i couldnt coz i didnt noe wat to do.... always tried to but cant seem to make a third image appear.

after i got my 3ds i stumbled across the side by side pics, so i gave it a shot..... and to my surprise after 5 seconds or more i could make a third image and ACTUALLY see the 3d effects from just normal pictures

I was so surprise that i went on a cross eye net spree for the next half hour

I can now do cross eye....... which is wat the 3ds basically is, using cross eye technology but it was forced upon the user

Thanks nintendo and ur brilliant parallax barrier, it helped

10_0ARMY

THE *Original* 1 Man Army
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Yup, I clicked this topic out of curiosity. Now I'm even more curious to see if the same thing will happen to me after playing my 3DS....I might see if this phenomena happens to me later.....
unsure.gif

Trolls are not welcome
wtf.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1