Gaming I don't have eyestrain but...

dragonkid6

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The world seems to have less color and even tho we live in the 4D(if you didn't know, look it up), It's like the world doesn't pop out as much. And when I look at 2D, such as my laptop, my mind seems to push icons in 3D and it's really starting to trip me out. And no I don't smoke or anything else and oddly, I've only had my 3DS for 1 day.

The weirdest thing is that I go see 3D movies all the time.

lithium210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
neat. i want to try whatever it is that you're on!
laugh.gif

iggloovortex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this sounds potentially bad. try not to let the information out if it gets progressively more pop out-able. you dont want scientists to snatch you up and study your eyes and brains to see how they can harvest your special powers

B

ball2012003

Do you mean like when you look at your computer screen or something things seem to be turned into 3D like text and stuff? Because if thats what your talking about, that happened to me to, but it went away in about 3 or 4 days. Cant remember.

dragonkid6

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't stare at my pc screen w/o something popping out at me. But WOW has never looked better lol.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rofl.gif

In spite of the joking comments -- and honestly, I don't know if you yourself are being serious -- I actually experienced some slight...well, I'll call it "decompression" after testing the system out for the first time at Best Buy. For my personal experience, I'd say I simply noticed the edges of things more. We went to eat Chinese after shopping, and when I looked out the window at the trees, everything just looked sharper. It only lasted a short time, but it was an interesting state. I think it was nothing more than just being more visually aware due to my experience with the 3DS. I don't think anything physically and/or physiologically changed.

From what I understand, eyes have muscles just like many other parts of the body. We're probably using certain muscles more than we normally do when viewing the 3DS with the 3D turned up.

sonknuck23

Mighty Switch Force >
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Fuck I want to experience this, it sounds radical. I'm gonna' play SSFIV now with 3D full blast since the girlfriend is stealing the T.V to watch shitty programming so I can't play PS3 haha.

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
Woah I thought i was the only one! :lolL Too bad it only lasts about a couple of hours or so.
frown.gif

Mondegreen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well I experienced something similar when I was playing MKDS on my 3DS. The text you get when you take out the cartridge (white text on a black screen) looked like it popped out slightly.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
The world doesn't pop out as much because it doesn't pop out in the first place. It just is 3D. The games on the 3DS have something to pop out of.

And I assume the 3D effect on the 3DS is overdone and brighter for the wow factor, so "real life 3D" looks flatter.

Also, @ the laptop thingy, that's pretty cool.

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I noticed that when I view other LCD devices such as my phone and PSP, my eyes try to see the layers in 3D, or I expect there to be a 3D element. I never get dizzy or disoriented, but I have noticed some effects after using the 3DS often. I'm also getting used to the 3D, because I don't notice it as much anymore, unless I play something in 2D, like my PSP.

D

Deleted-220713

Photographs always look 3D for me right after playing the 3DS.
It's weird.
It's awesome!
biggrin.gif

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Must be nice to enjoy 3d I guess. I wouldn't know, I can't see depth (no I'm serious, problem with my eyes). When I went to see Avatar, I'm sure I missed most of the 3d.

My eyes both see independently, not in stereo. It's not all that thrilling, picture seeing everything you see twice. MY depth is actually software depth as explained to me by my eye doctor. I can see depth artificially as a function of how my brain was taught. I only need one eye to see what you see in stereo with two. But it isn't true stereo and as such, I can't see depth like you do. Ya know the black n grey image they show you at the eye doctor and they ask you, what do you see in the greyish grainy image, to me, there simply isn't anything there. I can't do those clever images on the internet as well. Sort of like I have the wrong software.

Not all bad though. If I ever lost one of my eyes, it wouldn't matter to my vision. I walk around with one eye closed most of the time to begin with.

What really freaks out people though, is my eyes can see in opposing directions when I get tired.

nicklessguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Got that on the first few days of 3DS, when i was reading on my PC, especially on white background, it looked as the letters and a few icons were popping out, but not anymore.

I think it's just like when you rollerskate a lot when you are beginning, then when you go to bed at night, you feel your body swinging.

dragonkid6

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty cool how many ppl on Temp experience the same thing as me. Ugh I want more 3DS titles, I preordered Ocarina of Time today.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-