I deleted my molecular shell and now I can't get it back...help!

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by BladeoftheImmortal, Aug 31, 2016.

1. BladeoftheImmortal
    OP

BladeoftheImmortal Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2015
    United States
    Why does everything always happen to me?

So I wanted to get the new molecular shell because i was still on v 0.6.

So I powered off my Vita, and turned it back on. went to the henkaku site and everything started downloading just fine, till the end where it said henkaku failed.

So, i figured I'd delete the old one and try again. Deleted it and now molecular shell still fails to load, great! Now I don't have any shell on on my vita, and here's the kicker........my roms and emulators still work.

So i can still open MGBA, etc, and load a rom but I can't get the molecular shell back. Someone tell me WTF happened.

EDIT: My system software now says it's 3.60 )(henkaku characters-4. WTH did i do? But yea, still no molecular shell, so I can't install anything, now. This blows, did I eff it up big time?

2. Qwertyqwerty

Qwertyqwerty Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 28, 2015
    Reboot the vita and enter in henkaku.xyz to launch the exploit and install automatically the updated version of molecule

Last edited by Qwertyqwerty, Aug 31, 2016
  3. Fugelmir

Fugelmir GBAtemp Regular

Mar 9, 2016
    Canada
    It sounds like you might need to do a system restore. Weird that henkaku keeps failing to install, though. It might be worth doing a full system backup to your pc once you get this fixed.

4. BladeoftheImmortal
    OP

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2015
    United States
    That's what I had done, three times, actually and it never finished the installation. I removed my game cart this time and it downloaded it again. was nearly having a heart attack. Thanks for the help.

EDIT: Everything is cool, now. Finally worked again.

5. sj33

sj33 GBAtemp Addict

Oct 22, 2013
    Japan
    Though bear in mind that there is now VitaShell 0.86 which is newer than the version packaged with moleculeshell.

6. BladeoftheImmortal
    OP

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2015
    United States
    That's what I have now. Everything finally reinstalled correctly. So I'm not freaking out any more.

7. kublai

kublai GBAtemp Regular

May 29, 2008
    United States
    You need to take more Vitamins, young man.

8. sj33

sj33 GBAtemp Addict

Oct 22, 2013
    Japan
    There was no reason to panic. Worse case scenario would have been you'd have had to format your card. It didn't come to that, though.

9. BladeoftheImmortal
    OP

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2015
    United States
    that would have been time to panic since i own a 64GB card with only 8GB free, lol. I didn't want to have to redownload everything I've already got on there.

10. Ushio

Ushio Member

Newcomer
    Aug 12, 2016
    Egypt
    Lol,it is vita game? Hahahaha