A miserable little pile of secrets
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So today I added a Sega Genesis to my collection of consoles. It came with a Sega CD peripheral, which I was happy about. I suspect there's a disc inside the drive (both the Gamecube and PS2 my dad got yesterday from this same woman had discs in them), but I can't figure out how to get the thing to eject. How do I connect it to the Genesis? I know for a fact I'm missing at least one cable (there's no output AV cable to connect the Genesis to the TV), but it looks like I'm missing more, seeing as both the Genesis and the Sega CD have a power supply jack, an AV output jack, and the CD has input jacks. All I have is one power supply, and I don't know if I need a second one, or if I'm only supposed to connect it to one of the two. Can anyone help me out by telling me how to set this thing up and what cables it didn't come with, or at least how to get the Sega CD to eject?

thaddius

Charmander is not pleased.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
You clearly have a mark 1 Sega CD. Highly coveted, good find.

I don't own a mark 1 (I own a mark 2) but mine requires two power supplies, one for the Genesis, one for the Sega CD; you will need a second one. Then there's just the AV cable, though I'm not sure if that connects to the Genesis or the Sega CD (It's been a while...). The Genesis itself should connect to the Sega CD for that connection (there's a 'port' of sorts on top of the Sega CD that the Genesis just 'slides' into).

To eject the CD tray I think you have to have a Genesis connected to it, turn it on without a game inserted in the Genesis and press reset on the console. I might be wrong though...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Not a lot, just relaxing