I can't believe it's almost over.

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by zellthemedic, Apr 3, 2008.

Apr 3, 2008
  1. zellthemedic
    OP

Newcomer zellthemedic Member

United States
    I can't believe it. I have one more Ace Attorney game and then I'm finished with the entire series.

NO!

What am I going to do?!

Help me, GBATemp.net! You're my only hope!

2. leavemealone347

Member leavemealone347 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    They are going to make new ones... I hope. I'm still on the first one though. I unlocked that final mission.

I loved following the stories and stuff. The big plot of the game and the smaller court case plots. Very cool love how they switch stuff up on you all the time.

Do the cases stay as good all the way though?

3. zellthemedic
    OP

United States
    Oh yes.

And later in the series there are some plot twists that blow your mind. Like, even though I expect them they blow my mind.

4. FlameTakuya

Member FlameTakuya GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Singapore
    Victim of the epicness that was 3-5, eh?

Good, good... ^^

Apollo Justice isn't all that bad either, and there's a person from there that could totally be paired up with Dahlia Hawthorne. ^^

5. Harsky

Member Harsky Madmin

United Kingdom
    You lost me

6. FlameTakuya

Singapore
    ...Have you played it yet?

7. Dylan

Member Dylan 100 MILES AND RUNNIN'

Australia
    Never played any of them. Im about to start though. Bracing myself for something hopefully entertaining.

8. papyrus

Member papyrus GBAtemp Fan

Philippines
    ive played PW 1 and Apollo Justice. Im half way on PW 2 and PW 3. You need some walkthrough finish it.

9. Kingfield

Member Kingfield GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    Sif need walkthrouhghs. Walkthroughs are for the weak minded.

10. Ruri

Member Ruri GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    They've already confirmed a 5th game, I think (it will be the last one starring Phoenix, though not the last one in the series -- I suspect they wanted to see the reaction to 4 before writing a definite ending to Phoenix's story.) This is Capcom, they never stop releasing games in a profitable franchise.

There are other series you might enjoy, although none with Phoenix Wright's courtroom drama/antics. (Well, except the Phoenix-Wright based Harvey Birdman game for the PS2, which uses almost the exact same system.)

Famicom Detective Club 2 is a mystery-adventure game for the SNES. That link is to a translation patch. It has a feel similar to the Phoenix Wright games, anyway.

The PORTOPIA Serial Murder Case is a murder investigation game for the NES. It's sort of the grandfather of all Japanese-style adventure games, including Phoenix Wright. Sort of dated, but still very fun. In addition to inspiring most other Japanese adventure games (you'll definitely notice the things Phoenix Wright's investigation sections borrowed from it), it also earned Enix the money they used to create Dragon Warrior. And you can play it on your DS on an emulator.

Snatcher (the SegaCD version was released in English and is very good) is another Japanese adventure game worth playing. It's sort of inspired by Blade Runner... you're a detective investigating murderous robots that impersonate humans.

I highly recommend all three.

Unfortunately, good GBA / DS mystery adventures are limited... there's the Touch Detective series, which is only ok; and there's Hotel Dusk, which is very different from the above games. Then there's that homebrew that lets you play graphic novels on the DS... there are probably some that would fit these requirements.

11. FlameTakuya

Singapore
    5th game is confirmed, yes, but the last one starring Phoenix is just a rumor that started on a Chinese message board. It is not true at all.

Also, don't use a walkthrough. If you think out of the box, you'll pass all these with a breeze.

12. azotyp

Member azotyp GBAtemp Maniac

Poland
    Big deal I only finished one, because at the beginning I sucked at other ds games and that was only one I could finish, but now when I'm better ds gamer it's kind of boring for me to play phoenix wright, especially that best music imo was in first part (especially in the case room).

13. FlameTakuya

Singapore
    IMO, if you've not played Trials and Tribulations, or 3-5, you can't ever say you've played Phoenix Wright.

It's generally regarded as the best game/case out of the trilogy.

14. warmijwilfaain

Member warmijwilfaain War Mage MILF

United Kingdom
    QFT.
    I cried. Several times [​IMG]

And yes, this series is my favourite of anything... ever!

15. warmijwilfaain

Member warmijwilfaain War Mage MILF

United Kingdom
    You really should play Trials and Tribulations.

16. Psyfira

Member Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

United Kingdom
    No, walkthroughs are fine for people who can't be bothered messing around when a game that's supposed to be based on logic relies on completely illogical choices to make the plot progress. The first one was fine, but the second one's driven me up the wall. When you get stuck there is no way to get further info to help out or recap events from the previous day that you may have forgotten, and I find no enjoyment whatsoever in wasting an hour guessing. Or when you present an obvious contradition, but the game penalises you because it will only let you take one route. Sure, you give it a lot of thought first but the second you get hopelessly stuck this game loses all enjoyment, and that is the worst part of it's gameplay. I'm only playing for the story anyway.

17. SkankyYankee

Member SkankyYankee GBAtemp Advanced Skank

United States
    if you have a wii there is harvey birdman

18. Bob Evil

Member Bob Evil The Department of Home-Made Insecurity

United Kingdom
    It is also on the PSP.

19. zellthemedic
    OP

United States
    I've got neither a Wii or a PSP.

Man, I can't wait for the 5th Ace Attorney game. So much drama and excitement!

20. xJonny

Member xJonny ...

I've encountered this and it's annoying. Sometimes you have to wait until later to present that contradiction. Quite a few times presenting items linked with an object will do it though. When I get stuck I do get annoyed but the storyline is just so epic, it really is turnabout trials.