War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
So I've been feeling pretty sick all afternoon, stomach pains and nausea. I decided to go to bed early, so at 8:30 or so, I started getting ready to go to sleep. I go turn off my computer and realize that I have one important update which needs to be installed. I don't even think twice and just let it install while I go brush my teeth.

When I come back, my desktop wallpaper is gone, and I have a nice big watermark in the lower right telling me that my Windows isn't genuine. Great, I willingly installed the KB971033 update.

For the past hour, I've been trying to figure out how to get things back to normal. I managed to get rid of the watermark, but I still can't figure out how to get rid of the damn update or even validate my Windows 7 again. I'll apparently also need to download a new anti virus program, since MSE will only run on a certified machine.

Fantastic.

tKo HaXoR

Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Remove WAT!
smile.gif
GOOGLE IT
smile.gif

wchill

Resident chillxpert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That's why a BIOS mod is so awesome.
My laptop came with Win7 Home Premium, so easy enough for me to install.

If you didn't have Win7 preinstalled, you'll need to get your BIOS modded to support SLIC 2.1. Then flash your BIOS and install Win7 Ultimate (either OEM/retail). Install your manufacturer's SLP certificate and a valid OEM SLP key using slmgr, reboot and you're genuine.

Yes, I have WAT installed and all this stuff.

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Twiffles said:
War said:
how to get rid of the damn update
Control Panel -> Uninstall a program -> View installed updates (on the left bar) -> Find it, right click, uninstall
Did it already, but it doesn't change anything. Also, when I rebooted, the update showed as being there again...

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Will this affect people using the Win7Loader? I've not done any updates for a while but was planning on updating everything this weekend.

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
TrolleyDave said:
Will this affect people using the Win7Loader? I've not done any updates for a while but was planning on updating everything this weekend.

Mine is always updating and mine is still set as genuine. I used a Win7 loader and I'm fine

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
danny600kill said:
TrolleyDave said:

Mine is always updating and mine is still set as genuine. I used a Win7 loader and I'm fine

No worries then! Cheers Danny mate!
smile.gif

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just did all updates available for my system and its still running as genuine, I used a Win7 Loader I don't think I can mention the name of the creator but he is well known and most people would of used the same one

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This only seems to affect people that are on OEM cracked. I have RTM updated to GDR and its working great, Win7Loader and RemoveWAT ... the only way to fix this for good is what wchill wrote, a BIOS mod.

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Maz7006 said:
This only seems to affect people that are on OEM cracked. I have RTM updated to GDR and its working great, Win7Loader and RemoveWAT ... the only way to fix this for good is what wchill wrote, a BIOS mod.

I'm on OEM cracked and it's still working for me like said above ?
unsure.gif

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
danny600kill said:
Maz7006 said:

I'm on OEM cracked and it's still working for me like said above ?
unsure.gif

then your just lucky

to really know what specific version of windows you have run the latest version of 7loader 1.79 iirc . should state it as in win.7.6100.gdr/orm/rtm ...something something

something of the sort, can't remember.

playallday

Group: GBAtemp Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I've updated totally and I was running on a OEM (BIE) copy. I used RemoveWAT and within like two minutes I could update again.

Now, with SP1 coming out I might have some issues.
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: