I can no longer inject a payload to my unpatched Switch.

Deadkid21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
check diode reading at test pad 2&3 first, normally should have about 0.6XX~0.7XX mV.
if test pad 2 or 3 has ground or very low diode reading, remove the esd filter in yellow box and test again.
If no reading at all(OL), check on the red arrow from top of the choke filter
First, i dont have reading on 2&3.
2nd, 2 or 3 has no ground so i did not remove the esd filter is that right?
And the the two you pointed with the red arrow has no reading either.

Deadkid21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Different from resistance reading, diode reading is always red prob to ground and black prob point to the test object.
Mate, can you check this? You can correct me if im wrong, im just using an analog multimeter. I did what you said and this is what i got. Btw, this is just my extra switch so i can learn how to fix it on my own.

Attachments

• IMG_20240208_110104.jpg
    IMG_20240208_110104.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 12

Deadkid21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
you need a digital multimeter to approach diagnostic these days. Analog meter can only do basic resistance reading or simple voltage reading.
Good day mate. I just got a digital multimeter today, and i have to do the reading again so i could tell you. Test pad 5 has 490 - 540, please see attached photo. Test pad 2 & 3 has no reading and no ground.

Attachments

• IMG_20240212_092614.jpg
    IMG_20240212_092614.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 8

jkyoho

Trophies
Website
form.jotform.com
XP
Country
Canada
Good day mate. I just got a digital multimeter today, and i have to do the reading again so i could tell you. Test pad 5 has 490 - 540, please see attached photo. Test pad 2 & 3 has no reading and no ground.
Do you have continuity/beep from orange to test pad 2, or from yellow to test pad3?
you need to test the top two silver point on that tiny choke filter, some time they blow up and leads to test pad 2&3 having no reading.
1707702632209.png

Reactions: BigOnYa

recs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Just stating for the record that I had this exact problem: USB-C seem to work fine as it charged and docked fine but injecting payloads didn't work. Don't know the exact details but the transfer-data part of the USB-C wasn't working properly, can be checked easily by trying to use an ethernet conector either docked or on the actual USB-C.

I had someone open it up, checked it, didn't do anything and closed it again and was working perfectly. I guess some dust messed it up. It appears to be a common problem with older unpatched models.

• Wow
Reactions: xxjuanandresxx

Deadkid21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Do you have continuity/beep from orange to test pad 2, or from yellow to test pad3?
you need to test the top two silver point on that tiny choke filter, some time they blow up and leads to test pad 2&3 having no reading.
View attachment 419497
I dont have continuity on orange to 2 and yellow to 3. If thats blown up, could it be the problem why payload won't push?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsG-jJcrlr0