Hardware i broked a VR

JiveTheTurkey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By "usb all in one" you mean it's a Y-cable right? If the male head is broken then I think a replacement should do the job. I have a Vive but I'm looking up the MR.

Jokey_Carrot

G̶B̶A̶T̶e̶m̶p̶ ̶A̶d̶d̶i̶c̶t̶ Heroin Addict.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
By "usb all in one" you mean it's a Y-cable right? If the male head is broken then I think a replacement should do the job. I have a Vive but I'm looking up the MR.

I'm pretty sure it is I will attach an image
upload_2018-9-14_18-32-10.png

and another one of the broken end
upload_2018-9-14_18-33-27.png

sorry for bad quality and thank you for helping

JiveTheTurkey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So that's the male displayport head I think. When I was looking for what type of replacement connector I kept getting a device that switches the Displayport to HDMI, I just don't know if that will compensate for the usb side of it. I saw the details of the VR on Amazon and I read a requirement, maybe this lead will help find the right workaround. I think its gonna adapt the head to a different port. Let me look more.
  • Required connectors: 1x USB 3.0 port plus 1x USB 2.0 port and compatible HDMI 1.4 or Display Port 1.2 for 60 Hz HMD Mode, HDMI 2.0 or Display Port 1.2 for 90 Hz HMD Mode.

Jokey_Carrot

G̶B̶A̶T̶e̶m̶p̶ ̶A̶d̶d̶i̶c̶t̶ Heroin Addict.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So that's the male DisplayPort head I think. When I was looking for what type of replacement connector I kept getting a device that switches the Displayport to HDMI, I just don't know if that will compensate for the usb side of it. I saw the details of the VR on Amazon and I read a requirement, maybe this lead will help find the right workaround. I think its gonna adapt the head to a different port. Let me look more.
  • Required connectors: 1x USB 3.0 port plus 1x USB 2.0 port and compatible HDMI 1.4 or Display Port 1.2 for 60 Hz HMD Mode, HDMI 2.0 or Display Port 1.2 for 90 Hz HMD Mode.

I'm thinking of replacing it but there is a spectra7 cable module and yes it is display port
LMa6Ds14ae4m3jyn.medium

Reactions: JiveTheTurkey

JiveTheTurkey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Untitled.png

This is the connector Im trying to look for.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yikes, go for it. Idk how to do that lol are you going to solder it?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Noice, I try but the last thing I tried soldering with didn't turn on so that's where I left it for now, Good luck! :toot:

Last edited by JiveTheTurkey,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0