Hacking I bricked my wii with cIOS v1.2...

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bob124 said:
BobTheJoeBob said:
I wouldn't do that if I were you......

Huh.. why?

What would YOU do?
glare.gif
Well your wii's softmodded, nintendo don't take kindly to softmodded wii's.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
bjorno said:
Wever said:
and now you want us to help you out of your mess?

Maybe a little bit nicer would be better... I mean, if you don't want to help then don't post..

Anyway, get it to nintendo
wink.gif
. If you are lucky they won't charge you and send you a fixed one back
smile.gif

Just tell them that your wii was frozen during the update.
Considering what the OP did, that IS the nice reply.

My idea of help is more of pointing out what he should have been doing, thus making sure he won't repeat the mistake. I admit it won't help him with this wii, but as others have said (and I agree with them), it's beyond help.
I have the same doubts as Bob as to the risk of sending it back to nintendo. It's hard to say how much chance there is of a thorough check of the wii, but I won't call it "small". In any case: even if just traces of the HBC are detected, they won't fix it.

And even if they don't do that, they will do exactly that: send you a NEW wii. A wii with a drive that can't read backups and with 4.3 firmware on it (so no hacking without other games). As such, I wouldn't take the risk and just search online for a 2nd hand wii.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Bob124 said:
Ok, i have just another question, at last, if i take a modchip like the "Wiikey Fusion Modchip", in the description that say "Direct Boot of Wii original, import, and backup games", does it will work to play my games? i
Your Wii is bricked, not even a mod chip will save it. Unless you have a NAND backup and Infectus, you cannot save your Wii.

Nintendo will refuse to fix any problem relating to hacking. Your only option is to buy a new Wii.

Bob124

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok ok.. so this wii will be a nice christmas present for my cousin.

Thanks again guys, the cheaper way is to buy an old one.

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
bjorno said:
Well.. Theres a small chance that they are going to check your wii....

In most cases (like mine) they will just check whats wrong with it (in your case black screen), they will just send you a new wii and you can enjoy playing your games
smile.gif

If you are unlucky, they will not fix it until you pay money (thats probably more expensive than a new one)

Or, you leave it and place it on a bookshelf.
... Why in the world would a repair cost more than the price of the system? A system repair is $75. A new one is $200. They don't give a damn what you did to your Wii as long as you're PAYING to have it repaired. If you're trying to get a freebie using the warranty after hacking, then they won't do anything until you pay the repair fee.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Wever said:
bjorno said:
Wever said:
and now you want us to help you out of your mess?

Maybe a little bit nicer would be better... I mean, if you don't want to help then don't post..

Anyway, get it to nintendo
wink.gif
. If you are lucky they won't charge you and send you a fixed one back
smile.gif

Just tell them that your wii was frozen during the update.
Considering what the OP did, that IS the nice reply.

My idea of help is more of pointing out what he should have been doing, thus making sure he won't repeat the mistake. I admit it won't help him with this wii, but as others have said (and I agree with them), it's beyond help.
I have the same doubts as Bob as to the risk of sending it back to nintendo. It's hard to say how much chance there is of a thorough check of the wii, but I won't call it "small". In any case: even if just traces of the HBC are detected, they won't fix it.

And even if they don't do that, they will do exactly that: send you a NEW wii. A wii with a drive that can't read backups and with 4.3 firmware on it (so no hacking without other games). As such, I wouldn't take the risk and just search online for a 2nd hand wii.

If it's a paper weight anyway, he should probably just take the risk. No real loss. If they overlook the fact that he bricked it through hacking, a new Wii is an improvement even if he wouldn't be able to use it for backups.

Alternatively he could scam some kid into buying it if he's really scared Nintendo won't give it back without him having to pay $75 or whatever the repair charge is.

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
BobTheJoeBob said:
mauifrog said:
What was true last year is not neccessarily true today.
Fixed. 2 + 2 = 4 was true last year and I'm 99% sure it's true this year.
2 + 2 = 5
Everyone knows that. Next year it may be 6 or 7
2 + 2 =5

Nintendo will not be able to tell the wii was softmoded, so if it is under warantee send it to them- they have no way to know it your situation.
A mod chip will not help you, savemiifrii will not work.

Nand reporgramming will work if you have a bootmii backup.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
There was some bricked Wiis during Nintendo's official update, just say that the electricity goes out during an official update, I'm not sure if they could find traces of HBC, though.

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mauifrog said:
boot2 has nothing to do with the system menu, any wii can be downgraded to any system menu 1.0-4.3+. However, some newer wiis crash when loading ios30-v1040. This crash is what has caused this brick, not boot2. Anyone who wishes to downgrade their wii should install ios60-v6174 into the system menu ios slot of the desired system menu, this provided support for system menu 1.0-4.3+ for all wiis regardless of boot2 version or hardware at this time.

taken right from Modmii....

"installing firmware below 4.0 on boot2v4 wii's results in Brick. But, Yet Another Wad Manager (YAWMM) or MMM will not permit you to (un)install anything that will brick you. You can manually check you boot2 version using MMM, DOP-Mii or bootmii."

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
brausm08 said:
mauifrog said:
boot2 has nothing to do with the system menu, any wii can be downgraded to any system menu 1.0-4.3+. However, some newer wiis crash when loading ios30-v1040. This crash is what has caused this brick, not boot2. Anyone who wishes to downgrade their wii should install ios60-v6174 into the system menu ios slot of the desired system menu, this provided support for system menu 1.0-4.3+ for all wiis regardless of boot2 version or hardware at this time.

taken right from Modmii....

"installing firmware below 4.0 on boot2v4 wii's results in Brick. But, Yet Another Wad Manager (YAWMM) or MMM will not permit you to (un)install anything that will brick you. You can manually check you boot2 version using MMM, DOP-Mii or bootmii."
Sorry, not true. Good advise, but not true all the same.
His wii is bricked because ios30-v1040 is installed as his system ios. This ios crashes when loaded on many newer wii hardware.
http://gbatemp.net/t222322-some-assumption...;p=2774235&

bjorno

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
injected11 said:
bjorno said:
Well.. Theres a small chance that they are going to check your wii....

In most cases (like mine) they will just check whats wrong with it (in your case black screen), they will just send you a new wii and you can enjoy playing your games
smile.gif

If you are unlucky, they will not fix it until you pay money (thats probably more expensive than a new one)

Or, you leave it and place it on a bookshelf.
... Why in the world would a repair cost more than the price of the system? A system repair is $75. A new one is $200. They don't give a damn what you did to your Wii as long as you're PAYING to have it repaired. If you're trying to get a freebie using the warranty after hacking, then they won't do anything until you pay the repair fee.

Why it is more expensive? Let me explain
wink.gif
, if you are unlucky they will check your wii system up. They *might* see you got homebrew on it "-1". Second they see that they will need to do a motherboard
replacement or other kinds of expensive stuffs "-2" . So in the end you pay even more than a whole new system menu. Summary: They charge you for having homebrew AND for motherboard or other stuffs.

Anyway.. I don't see how people advise him not to bring it back to Nintendo... Its bricked already anyway, better to take the chance. Believe me, they don't check EVERY wii thats bricked, they won't waste their time checking EVERY wii that comes in to repair, they will pick out a few and if you are the unlucky one, buy a second hand wii.
In my case I brought it back to the store I bought it, I said it was frozen during update. So he said: I will take a look at it, maybe using some kind of cables will fix it. So he toke a look at it, and he couldnt fix it, he send it to Nintendo, and in the end they send me a new one back NOTE: NOT THE SAME SERIAL NUMBER, AND CAME WITH ANOTHER SYSTEM MENU.

So, I would say, take the chance and hope you are unlucky. If you are lucky you get a new one, if you are unlucky don't pay the charge and buy a 2nd hand wii.

Goodluck.

thesund0g

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Either get DF to attempt to flash in bootmii, if it's old enough to permit it, or part it out on ebay. N might or might not be willing to fix (replace) it.

Recently TT mentioned an early Wii which shipped without some firmware. They may figure out how to universally-unbrick a Wii without keys someday, but not today.

JHardin1112

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.nintendofuse.com
XP
Country
United States
I had a black screen bricked wii I got off of Craigslist. I was very fortunate as the Wii was still within the one year warranty. It did have HBC on it but not Bootmii, and no priiloader. I called it in to Nintendo and set up a repair just explaining that the screen was black and not much other info. I sent in the console (which btw if you live in the US, at least on the east coast they use a company in New Jersey called United Radio to repair the Wii's). The repair company replaced the motherboard and sent it back within two weeks and I received a new one year warranty. If you are out of warranty and they can't detect Homebrew they will charge you $85 flat fee.

It's up to you what you want to try, but let me also tell you that Gamestop on Black Friday will be selling used Wii Consoles for $99. So you do have a couple options. Good luck and I'm sorry to hear you did that to your Wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Murica