Hacking I bricked my Wii U

n00b2015

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Hello, i turned on my wiiu and i wanted to go to vWii - system data corrupted. Couldnt go to recovery mode, so i try to update it from 5.5.1 to 5.5.2. Error. I tried to delete all data from system menu - Error. Removing sd card - Wiiu hangs. Removing sd card when trying to go to vWii - it hangs. Im running MOCHA CFW v0.2 and on startup there is menu where you can go directly to redNAND, but now my wiiu pad doesnt work. It says "Turn on the TV and Wii U console, then switch to the input settings for Wii U on the TV," so i cant access MOCHA menu. Synchronization doesnt work neither removing pad battery.

any clues? so gutted.

Last edited by n00b2015,

n00b2015

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Only on tv. On gamepad it says “turn on tv and wiiu console.....” in different languages on white background If i try to sync controller with wiiu it gives me heart, spades... shapes to sync with wiiu, but there is no picture of them on tv to enter them in correct order. Im stuck in autoboot menu with wii u pad that is not synced with wiiu and with warning message of course.

Anyone know what to do. What can i do to restore wiiu so i can see this sync code menu on tv. Unbrick? Will that do the trick? I must somehow avoid coldboot menu to enter in wiiu menu. Restoring NAND? Will that do the trick to get rid of coldboot? Any pointers will be appreciated.

Last edited by n00b2015,
D

Deleted User

Only on tv. On gamepad it says “turn on tv and wiiu console.....” in different languages on white background If i try to sync controller with wiiu it gives me heart, spades... shapes to sync with wiiu, but there is no picture of them on tv to enter them in correct order. Im stuck in autoboot menu with wii u pad that is not synced with wiiu and with warning message of course.

Anyone know what to do. What can i do to restore wiiu so i can see this sync code menu on tv. Unbrick? Will that do the trick? I must somehow avoid coldboot menu to enter in wiiu menu. Restoring NAND? Will that do the trick to get rid of coldboot? Any pointers will be appreciated.
I highly advise not removing coldboothax as it may be your only way of getting yourself out of this bind. Do you have a wiimote by any chance? If so that might be your saving grace. the autoboot menu can be controlled by a previously synced wiimote. And if that doesn't work.... then you might be screwed.

Last edited by ,
D

Deleted-351540

Sounds like a hardware failure. I don't know how the gamepad syncs, but I imagine it is through Bluetooth like the Wiimotes. I think the Wii U has 2.4/5.0Ghz wireless built in with the Bluetooth module, so you'll have to replace the whole thing.

It could also be that the Bluetooth module died in the gamepad, but that isn't likely if you cannot sync a Wiimote either.

Last edited by ,

FreePlayFlorida

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
could you plug in a GC controller via the USB adapter (if you by chance have one? or lay hands on one?) and get into menu that way? or know anyone with a fightstick that has pcb that allows use with Pokken ? never tried those options, just thinking aloud?

Der_Blockbuster

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello, i turned on my wiiu and i wanted to go to vWii - system data corrupted. Couldnt go to recovery mode, so i try to update it from 5.5.1 to 5.5.2. Error. I tried to delete all data from system menu - Error. Removing sd card - Wiiu hangs. Removing sd card when trying to go to vWii - it hangs. Im running MOCHA CFW v0.2 and on startup there is menu where you can go directly to redNAND, but now my wiiu pad doesnt work. It says "Turn on the TV and Wii U console, then switch to the input settings for Wii U on the TV," so i cant access MOCHA menu. Synchronization doesnt work neither removing pad battery.

any clues? so gutted.
Try connecting your Wii U with the "old" Chinc Cable AV (The AV Cable that the Wii has).
You Wii U should output there nomatter what.

n00b2015

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Dont have pro controller, no one i know has wiiu, whats the point with AV cable, wiiu already output coldboot menu. Is there a common shape pattern to sync, since i dont see shapes on tv, to try to connect wiiu pad to console.

Last edited by n00b2015,

Der_Blockbuster

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Dont have pro controller, no one i know has wiiu, whats the point with AV cable, wiiu already output coldboot menu. Is there a common shape pattern to sync, since i dont see shapes on tv, to try to connect wiiu pad to console.
Your english makes it a bit hard to understand you.
So in conclusion:
You can see your Wii U Home Menu
It Boots perfectly
You can't sync any Controllers

n00b2015

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia

No, i see coldboot menu and wiiu pad wont sync. I cant scroll down to rednand to enter in wiiu menu. Controllers wont sync.

Last edited by n00b2015,

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

No, i see coldboot menu and wiiu pad wont sync. I cant scroll down to rednand to enter in wiiu menu. Controllers wont sync.

What's the default autoboot set to? I can't read the menu on your sideways blurry video

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also, did you get a nand backup? You can do a hardmod restore to no CBHC if you did

Reactions: PoppaDre

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: So basically, that's a cheat, huh?