I bought a TTDS for EIGHTY DOLLARS. Oh well...

Ruzz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
So I was shopping for a NDS with a flashcard some weeks ago. I was excited, because I could finally own a NDS of my own and be proud to call it so and could bring it out as and when I wanted to. I previously played my brother's NDS but he sold it. Yeah I know...it's weird...but anyway that's another story. So on that fateful day, I withdrew $300 from my bank, after working for the first time in my life at some supermarket for like three weeks. Headed down to town and purchased a black DS with a TTDS. In fact, I originally wanted an R4 since I my brother originally used that too and I knew for sure it was reliable. But in all that excitement (friends with me), I decided to go for the DS + TTDS.
sleep.gif

That's not the point though. I've used the TTDS for a week and I don't mind different interfaces and all from the R4, and the fact that I can only view four games in one screen (downloaded a pretty vista skin too).

But the black NDS I purchased was a fucking parallel import.

Ok, so no warranty. (i didn't even thought of asking for one, yeah, first timer shopper here) More alarming was that the touchscreen flickered like hell. I was pretty pissed and worried at that time. I'm gonna skip ahead abit.

After a week of negotiation and waiting and all that frustration, he gave me back a refund for the NDS but not for the TTDS (reasonable). The problem here is, I bought from this specific shop because it was the cheapest in the area. The DS lite + flashcard amounted up to 260, DS = 180, TTDS = 80. I think most of you would have already knew that some shops tend to do this in their sales, lower the prices of one piece in the set but raise the other in the set. So logically speaking, I paid 80 for the flashcard after the refund and had to spend 210 (30 extra) for a better and perfect DS w/ new screen protectors (another 10 here).

At the end of the day, my total expenditure on the NDS amounted up to 350, and that's including the price of two screen protectors.

All I can say is, silly me and a huge lesson learnt, im never shopping for anything this expensive without someone knowledgeable again.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, if you paid $180 USD for a DS then you got ripped off for just that by itself. Certainly hoping it's a different currency being used instead.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @E1ite007, I just found this randomly.