Hardware I basically patched my own switch - please help.

TheKiteKing

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

thanks to anyone who is reading this. A while ago I tried to follow a guide to install a trinket m0 internally in my switch. It didn’t go well as it basically just wouldn’t work. I ended up deslodering all of the points that I had made and removed the trinket m0. However, now I can’t get my switch to boot into cfw at all. Here’s what happens :

my switch will boot up normally into OFW if I just press the power button.

if I hold vol + and power my switch boots up normally into OFW.

If I place my jig into the joycon rail and put the payload injector (SX Pro) into the USB port, the switch just remains on a black screen and the led in the SX Pro doesn’t light up when I press volume + and power. The jig and the payload injector both work on others switches.

i can provide images if that would help. Please if you can help try and bare with me as I don’t really know what I’m talking about when it comes to the specifics of this.

thanks.

javicrazy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
so basically you cant get into rcm mode. First i would check the pcb, maybe u left some tin shorting 2 pads or smth

TheKiteKing

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
so basically you cant get into rcm mode. First i would check the pcb, maybe u left some tin shorting 2 pads or smth

thanks for replying. I was wondering, when I put my jig into the joycon rail, the switch screen stays black. Does this mean that I am achieving rcm mode but the payload isn’t injecting?

javicrazy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
To go into rcm mode you must put the jig in the rail and press vol+ and power.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Wait, do you have the right payload in the sd?

TheKiteKing

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
To go into rcm mode you must put the jig in the rail and press vol+ and power.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Wait, do you have the right payload in the sd?
Yeah, I definitely have the right payload. It’s just that when I put the jig in and try to boot my switch by holding vol + and power it goes to a black screen. Does this mean that the jig is being recognised at least?

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds to me like something you desoldered when removing your trinket screwed up the USB port. You're getting into RCM mode fine, but it's not receiving the payload.

If you use a USB-C cable with a PC and TegraRCMGui, does it detect the Switch in RCM mode?

TheKiteKing

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sounds to me like something you desoldered when removing your trinket screwed up the USB port. You're getting into RCM mode fine, but it's not receiving the payload.

If you use a USB-C cable with a PC and TegraRCMGui, does it detect the Switch in RCM mode?

I haven’t been able to try this as I don’t have a usb c cable, but I’ll get one and reply as soon as I do. Thanks.

javicrazy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Yeah, I definitely have the right payload. It’s just that when I put the jig in and try to boot my switch by holding vol + and power it goes to a black screen. Does this mean that the jig is being recognised at least?
Yes.

He is probably right

Last edited by javicrazy,

Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably not this but is your sd formatted to fat32? you could also use exfat but only after you install the driver

TheKiteKing

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

I’ve just tried this and it doesn’t detect it. What would you recommend I do from here?

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no experience with soldering on the Switch, it sounds like something you did killed the USB.

In OFW, does it charge if you plug it in?

If you post pics of the damage you did maybe somebody here can help you. Or maybe you'll learn something if you watch that guy on YouTube that took apart like 20 broken Switches and managed to salvage the vast majority of them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/2byHyqiZVS8?si=Qr7te3eS9u0xQYDh