Hacking I banner Bricked my Wii.

jayparadox

Trophies
Website
pokemon-project.com
XP
Country
Spain
Damn... give me some time and i'll join #WiiVC on EFNet, ok?
Playing Call of Duty 4 now
biggrin.gif

lolsjoel

Trophies
Website
www.0RANGECHiCKEN.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Got it. I'll be back online in about 30 minutes.

EDIT: Well, it seems like there's no use. I've tried Paradox's disc, and tried making my own, and while it seems like they should work, on my Wii, they don't. The discs always freeze the flashing "Push A" note at the bottom of the screen. At that point, the disc will still spin, but the system is frozen. I've just got back from Walmart to get my replacement plan working. They're going to have me send my Wii to some random computer store. They won't be able to fix it! So someone's going to have to send it to Nintendo to get the system fixed, but it's not going to be on my dime
smile.gif

Badges

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Is is possible to modify 'jay's wad-manager' into an SD-Card version? I brickt my Wii and I dont have a Mod-Chip, so the DVD wont boot up at the warning-screen. Any help???
frown.gif

nanika

文鎮じゃダメ!まぁ、こんな文字小さしすぎてどうせ読めないっしょ。
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Badges said:
Is is possible to modify 'jay's wad-manager' into an SD-Card version? I brickt my Wii and I dont have a Mod-Chip, so the DVD wont boot up at the warning-screen. Any help???
frown.gif
The disk version is a modified version of the SD version. But with the SD version, you need to at least be able to get a channel running.

Badges

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ohhhhhhhhhh... what a nice friday night. Is there no way to fix my wiibrick? An auto-boot-sd-card-jay's-wad-manager??? I dont need a paperweight... Damn banner!
hate2.gif

junk_man32

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Badges said:
Ohhhhhhhhhh... what a nice friday night. Is there no way to fix my wiibrick? An auto-boot-sd-card-jay's-wad-manager??? I dont need a paperweight... Damn banner!
hate2.gif
lol i love your reply man! LOL!
hate2.gif
it sucks man, i know, i thought at first you didnt need a modchip, but you do and im pissed, and a d2pro solderless presoldered to a wii-clip cost 80bucks, plus tools, its probably 100 dollars all together to install a modchip, if you have the new wiis like me, unfortunatley for us man, this is unfortunate! thats why the disc iso wasnt working, hey i have a question? Will the D2pro let me boot this disc!

Badges

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It sucks! It's like an thunderstorm for the Hindenburg or an Iceberg for the Titanic. Or I am Watergate and my Wii is Nixon... I watergated him!
laugh.gif

But there must be a way to load a an SD-Card with a fix at the start-up. Everything is installed: WAD-(Un)Installer, TW-Hack, Homebrew-Channel.

My girlfriend kills me. Hey Jay, any ideas?

jayparadox

Trophies
Website
pokemon-project.com
XP
Country
Spain
Well, loading some code from the SD without a DVD is that "back-door" Bushing want's to add to the firmware(add to boot2 or something like that, not sure), so that we can recover from these bricks w/o modchip.

You can do 2 things for that Wii: Get an infectus and reprogram the chip with your NAND dump(if you have one); or, take it back to Nintendo.

Both options are hard, but you could always get a new Wii with modchip and use this one for... not much xD

Badges

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thanks for helping me. A selfmade banner.brlyt bricked my Wii... for the record. So, be careful! I dont have a NAND dump, so I will try to send it back to BigN. A friend of my is a gameretailer, maybe he can help me and handle this mess. But how can I reprogram the Chip with a NAND dump? Burn to a DVD, put in the Wii and thats it? All to easy... (Vader-voice)

Edit: I found a Wii NAND filesystem dump in the endlessness of the internet. Let me guess, its usless?
wink.gif

lolsjoel

Trophies
Website
www.0RANGECHiCKEN.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
It's useless.
frown.gif

I banner bricked my Wii with the banner.brlyt, too. Actually, using your tutorial, I might add. I did have a modchip and was still unable to recover my Wii. Good thing I bought an extended warranty through my retailer. I'm going to ship the Wii back tonight, and the turn around time should be about 9 business days. I'll be much more careful next time.

jayparadox

Trophies
Website
pokemon-project.com
XP
Country
Spain
Badges said:
Thanks for helping me. A selfmade banner.brlyt bricked my Wii... for the record. So, be careful! I dont have a NAND dump, so I will try to send it back to BigN. A friend of my is a gameretailer, maybe he can help me and handle this mess. But how can I reprogram the Chip with a NAND dump? Burn to a DVD, put in the Wii and thats it? All to easy... (Vader-voice)

Edit: I found a Wii NAND filesystem dump in the endlessness of the internet. Let me guess, its usless?
wink.gif
Yeah, thats useless for your problem.
If you don't have a NAND backup, there is no point in me explaining how to fix it
tongue.gif
But anyway, if you did have one, you need an Infectus chip soldered to your Wii, and then use that to replace all the data of the corrupted NAND for the backup one. It's complicated to solder, and never used one, so... Try sending it to Big N
happy.gif

PD: Get a modchip for it, or try to be a bit more carefull
wink.gif

junk_man32

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bobitos said:
It's useless.
frown.gif

I banner bricked my Wii with the banner.brlyt, too. Actually, using your tutorial, I might add. I did have a modchip and was still unable to recover my Wii. Good thing I bought an extended warranty through my retailer. I'm going to ship the Wii back tonight, and the turn around time should be about 9 business days. I'll be much more careful next time.
what modchip do u have? im planning to get a d2pro with wii clip, will it boot the wadmanager. i dont want my money to go to waste! what kind of dvd's do i burn it in? dvd+r or dvd-r? im so confused, and i just use imgburn and choose burn image to dvd and at 4x and it will work with the modchip im getting, its so confusing, help!

Badges

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@bobitos: Are you not afraid of Nintendos reaktion? They may find the homebrew stuff on the Wii...
I dont think the warrenty covers homebrew, wads, and hacks. I am concerned about my Wii...
frown.gif

My revised tutorial works fine for me, but those banner.brlyt... arg!!! A simple line of text and that result. Inapprehensible!
Now we can build up anself-help group. 'Brick-Boys' or so. Shit happens...

@jay: I was very carefull...
cool.gif
I edit the banner-name: no problem - I change the year: brick. Or vice versa... Never mind!
So... I need a chip, a nand backup, a.... I buy a new one or try bobitos way. But thank you very much!

lolsjoel

Trophies
Website
www.0RANGECHiCKEN.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Badges: No, I'm not particularly concerned about Nintendo's reaction to the homebrew that is on my Wii. It's not being replaced under the manufacturer's warranty, so their policy shouldn't matter at all. It is being serviced through Walmart's warranty, and they are paying Nintendo to fix it. So, it should get fixed because it's a paid service, not a free warranty.

If it comes back unfixed, well, I guess I'll just have to buy a new Wii.

lime_slusho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, nvm that question, but could someone please post the file for USA, I don't know how to use region frii. (I know a noob like me should not be hacking)

junk_man32

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HEY guys, guess what, i sent my wii in to nintendo becasue of the stupid banner non-noob tools and im a noob, DAMN HEX SHIT, anyways they returned it to me without noticing i guess, LOL!

Badges

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
lime_slusho said:
I just thought of this, what if I don't already have a chip installed before I brick the menu?

Thats no problem, in my case... I brickt my Wii, after that I installed a WiiClip V3 (WiiKey), load the wadmanager-dvd and erase the bad wad.

Cost:

Wiikey and Triwing Screwdriver + Shipping: 14,98€
WiiClip + Shipping: 24,99€
A new soldering iron: 7,99€
DVD's: 10,98€
------------------------------------------------------------
An unbrickt Wii: PRICELESS

There are some things, money can't buy...

Mastercard

spetakju

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I instaled the wad game "Midnight Pool" with a description to work on all firmwares and now I have the message "The wii sytem files are corrupted..." The Wad Manager Iso will help me? I just have the warning screnn after a push A I get the message.

lolsjoel

Trophies
Website
www.0RANGECHiCKEN.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
spetakju said:
I instaled the wad game "Midnight Pool" with a description to work on all firmwares and now I have the message "The wii sytem files are corrupted..." The Wad Manager Iso will help me? I just have the warning screnn after a push A I get the message.
It could only help you if you have a modchip, if not, no.

One potential banner brick recovery method for those of us without a modchip, is to run StarFall 0.5 on a 3.2U or 3.2E firmware and install the both of the hacks regarding the recovery mode. These hacks should allow for one to autoboot Twilight Princess to load the TP hack and a WAD Manager. Of course, I can't confirm this, having not bricked my new Wii, but it is nice to know that it could possibly save my Wii if I do brick.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://i.ibb.co/ryyCd9J/20240526-163308.jpg I got a new friend guys