Hacking I am on 3.60 and i got about 100 digital games

D

Deleted User

It would be possible to share the CMA backups along with your CMA ID as well, but you would need to dump and distribute your act.dat (activation) file as well as the backups to be able to activate the games on another system, and that requires a dumping method such as the email exploit. (You need to be on 3.52 to dump through email exploit; 3.55 for the calendar exploit).
So basically, sharing your backups wouldn't be possible on your 3.60 Vita at the moment, unless you can try to grab your activation file through another Vita/PSTV that is on 3.55 or lower. (That Vita/PSTV would need to first activated and linked with your account first, as act.dat files are account-unique.)

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
It would be possible to share the CMA backups along with your CMA ID as well, but you would need to dump and distribute your act.dat (activation) file as well as the backups to be able to activate the games on another system, and that requires a dumping method such as the email exploit. (You need to be on 3.52 to dump through email exploit; 3.55 for the calendar exploit).
So basically, sharing your backups wouldn't be possible on your 3.60 Vita at the moment, unless you can try to grab your activation file through another Vita/PSTV that is on 3.55 or lower. (That Vita/PSTV would need to first activated and linked with your account first, as act.dat files are account-unique.)

You can't just install the act.dat file to a new console and then be able to copy QCMA backups, right? I thought one act.dat activated one console with one account.

D

Deleted User

You can't just install the act.dat file to a new console and then be able to copy QCMA backups, right?
You're right; no you can't. And that's why we have to edit the console's registry files (by inserting the backup distrubutor's CMA ID) first of all. (That is why I mentioned CMA IDs as well as backups. :teach:)

Last edited by ,

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
You're right; no you can't. And that's why we have to edit the console's registry files first of all. (That is why I mentioned CMA IDs as well as backups. :teach:)

Well, I think that's a technicality more than anything. I've gotten my hands on several sets of act.dat, system.dreg and CMA backups and happily been swapping between them thanks to your guide so I know how that works. But all have these files have come from my own console.

Basically what I'm asking is this; if I have two Vitas registered to the same account and I dump the act.dat from both, will they be identical (or interchangeable)?

D

Deleted User

Well, I think that's a technicality more than anything. I've gotten my hands on several sets of act.dat, system.dreg and CMA backups and happily been swapping between them thanks to your guide so I know how that works. But all have these files have come from my own console.

Basically what I'm asking is this; if I have two Vitas registered to the same account and I dump the act.dat from both, will they be identical (or interchangeable)?
That's actually a good question.
According to Vitadevwiki though, it seems that the act.dat involves your device's IDPS (which, if I recall rightly, is console-unique), but I haven't the foggiest clue as to whether or not it affects the backups in any way (which I don't think they do as I have got a hold of other people's act.dats and backups and have fully worked out for me nevertheless).

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
That's actually a good question.
According to Vitadevwiki though, it seems that the act.dat involves your device's IDPS (which, if I recall rightly, is console-unique), but I haven't the foggiest clue as to whether or not it affects the backups in any way (which I don't think they do as I have got a hold of other people's act.dats and backups and have fully worked out for me nevertheless).

So in that case they're not fully identical, but at least interchangeable.

Any chance you could share with me an act.dat and a backup? I'm sceptical it's this easy until I see it working on my own console.

xy2_

Trophies
XP
Country
France
This was tested by me a while ago, it doens't work. act.dat is encrypted and console unique. Feel free to test it again to see if another method, like backup hacking, has a chance to work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: I remember you