ROM Hack i am a no$gba n00b and i need help...

Team_Subspace

Citizen Marsalevsky
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i tried to opan my pokemon platinum rom on no$gba since i cant use my nintendo ds at the time and i get a message in the game saying "the save file can't be accessed. please power off and reinsert the ds game card" i already have a .sav file created from my cyclods evolution and its in the same folder as my .nds file so what am i doing wrong?

~Stenny

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
you'll have to change the save type in the NO$GBA configuration screen.

press F11 when running your Platinum ROM and change the save type in the "NDS Cartridge Backup Media", first column, sixth line. use EEPROM 64K. reboot the emulator.

[EDIT] of course, don't forget to save the changes in the Options menu.

~Stenny

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
you must copy your save to the /BATTERY folder (same directory as your NO$GBA.EXE).

if you want to start a new game, just keep playing and saving like in a normal cartridge. your save will be stored in that same folder.

xdarkx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Did you check and see if the two files (your game and save file) name match? Also, get rid off any special characters in the file name.

Team_Subspace

Citizen Marsalevsky
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i changed the names of both the .nds file and the .sav file to "Pokemon Platinum" (without the parenthesis) and im still getting nothing
unsure.gif

xdarkx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, you can try importing your save to DeSmuME, then save your game there. Afterwards, export the save as no$gba format to your no$gba's battery folder.

Team_Subspace

Citizen Marsalevsky
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im probably just going to stay with using my cyclods evolution since this is kinda confusing to me and i can play my ds again (stepdad was borrowing it for a while) but thanks for the help everyone

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COua5q4CByg