Hacking I accidentally used the xkey iso menu on my xbox, am I screwed now?

LoggerMan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So I updated the settings on my xkey to keep alive the hard drive (I use the remote), but I didn't notice that the setting for the remote was disabled by default, so when I booted up it came up with the iso menu "disc" in the drive. I quickly turned it off and changed the setting back, but I'm just wondering now, was inserting that emulated iso menu disc briefly going to get me console banned? I've been reading about console bans and it looks like it doesn't just disable xbox live access, it effectively bricks it by corrupting all new game saves. I don't really have any Arcade games or DLC that I would want to keep, or wouldn't mind paying again for, but I'm really worried about getting console banned now. Should I have been playing my backups on an offline profile, or doesn't that matter much? I have been patching with ABGX and always using the remote, except just that one time. I may have ran some unpatched games in the first few days of usage too.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
So far, there has been no confirmed ban from ISOMenu.
I still advice against it but it's your own call of course.

And no, corrupting the HDD is disabled in dash 9199 for banned xboxes.
If you do get banned then you can easily convert your 360 into a RGH/R-JTAG box.
You won't be able to access live again tho ;p

LoggerMan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ahh, so long as the hard drive scrambling doesn't happen anymore, then it should be all good. If console ban, then I'll just RGH/R-JTAG. The RGH kits actually look cheaper than my xkey, now that I look at them. Thanks for the tip, I will sleep easy knowing that I can *something* with the console if it ever gets console banned.

blahkamehameha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the whole iso menu not being safe to use was confirmed to be a hoax, most likely to sell remotes.

even the admins of the forum acknowledge that.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
360 isn't really dying.
MS announced that they will continue to release games for the coming 5 years.

But aye.
I'll make make notice of it and spread it ;]

ISOMenu might be easy, but as one of me customers say.
He'd rather walk to his 360 and select a game then to use ISOMenu cause he found out that he's playing games longer then when on ISOMenu ;]

blahkamehameha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no evidence of the isomenu being dangerous though.

It's just less safe than the remote/getting up off couch method, it doesn't mean it isn't safe though.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Xkey team admins themselves say it's a hoax.
They just spread that rumor to sell more remotes.

But yeah, I still be cautious about it personally.
If MS wanted, they could also detect Xkeys.
Just like they could detect the old hacked DVD firmwares.

LoggerMan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So if I were to install an xkey on a friends console, I should tell them that they should only use the remote?

I can't believe I got rid of my X360 Pro v2, now I need to buy another one too XD And another probe and molex wall adaptor. Sigh.

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Well..
Personally I'd use the remote.
According to a mate of mine (and I experienced it meself on me RGH often)
If you have to get up to change your ISO, then you're more likely to play it for a longer time.

But no, you can ask them if they want to be extremely lazy and use the ISO menu or if they want to use the remote.
Their choice.

Jonathan Caldwell

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If MS wanted, they could also detect Xkeys.
Just like they could detect the old hacked DVD firmwares.

In the detection department, I don't doubt they try and detect it now, so long as they can do it simply.

What they do with the knowledge is another thing, most likely they log the number and keep an eye on the # in existence. At some point they _might_ go after _someone_, but only if i t will gain them money/customers/etc in the end.

Given that live users are still paying _somoething_ directly to them (after already purchasing some kind of console) for live, and those some customers aren't likely to increase the number of games they buy regardless of what m$ does, I don't see them making it a point to go after, banning, prosecuting, most people just for having something that doesn't itself prove piracy. If anything they would rather pursue people who are distributing games, any illegal tech, or offering services that are illegal (maybe stuff crossing borders).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-