Hacking I absolutely CANNOT AFFORD A CYCLO

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Finally a reason to NEVER EVER buy the N5 again!

EDIT: Price dropped again to $11.99. That's it I'm moving to China. Everything seems to get cheaper and cheaper there.

Raven Darkheart

The Radioactive Flamer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
omgroffles said:
kikuchiyo said:
furniture, food > flash cart.
You should get your priorities straight.

Though generally I would I agree with this statement (there's no arguing it's true), let's try a different perspective with a little context.
The OP is obviously stressed like crazy just trying to get by. The $20 one time cost is going towards his personal relief and recreation. He definitely could spend that $20 on food, but in less than a week he'll have neither $20 nor that food.

But if he tightens up a little bit, he can make an investment for his sanity which I'm assuming will make him generally a happier person, thereby relieving him everyday just enough to continue working and earning the money him and his mother desperately need.

The flashcart will be his personal tool to help him keep putting food on the table.
very good points made there i couldn't agree more so lets all lay off on bashing the guy seriously.

and on topic: Congrats on your new toy and enjoy it

dipper145

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
living with your parents at 19 is pretty normal, unless your living in a dorm/apartment near your university/college.

Alot of college students live at home to save money. University is expensive enough without the extra thousands of dollars spent on a place to live.

I would suggest getting a supercard, I have one, and its great. It works perfectly. It also has practically the same features as a cyclo.

Ergo_proxy_One

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
isnt the cyclods only 50 something dollars.....

and not to be an ass, but if u guys are struggling that much...i wouldnt go spending money on my nintendo, i would trade it to gamestop for the money....sometimes u have to think about reality

i know i would definently rather eat than play a video game

Raven Darkheart

The Radioactive Flamer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ergo_proxy_One said:
isnt the cyclods only 50 something dollars.....

and not to be an ass, but if u guys are struggling that much...i wouldnt go spending money on my nintendo, i would trade it to gamestop for the money....sometimes u have to think about reality

i know i would definently rather eat than play a video game
we discussed this earlier on in the thread if you bothered to read through it.......
so your post fails

Baroque Obama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sidneyyoung said:
Panzer Tacticer said:
I have soooo many problems with this thread I am almost incoherent.

The guy is on the one hand in dire need of a flashcart, and apparently can't think of a means to earn a lousy few bonus one shot bucks.

And then mentions how they are having trouble buying food.

Clearly he's never thought of cleaning out garages for a few bucks, washing cars for a few bucks, cutting grass for a few bucks or in general, you know, earning a few bucks.

Don't know what you do for work, and it's not relevant. If you work at nearly any form of job, why does that prevent you from investing a weekend for some easy cash and a lot of sweat to make it possible to by the right product?

Where do you live? a place where no one ever has any manner of manual labour they'd gladly give an energetic teen a few bucks so they could avoid doing it themselves. Are there no cars where you live? No grass to cut?

This entire thread literally stinks of a teen that just can't think usefully.

It doesn't help that it's basically so a teen can get a flashcart so that same teen can play stolen downloaded games on a DS.
That screams spoiled by technology.
Hell in my youth I had a need for spare cash just as much. Walked miles along the road side scrounging up discarded pop bottles for a few lousy bucks. Hardly what I would call fun, but I liked the spare cash.

It seems like he has internet access. Is this coming from your home? There is always some fat that can be trimmed from family expenses, it always comes down to how much is it worth to you. I neither smoke, nor drink, nor own a car. No lottery tickets, no drugs. End result, my funds last longer. If I needed more cash still, I guess I'd have to get more clever, or go without more things eh.

The person could be disabled or anything, and why the hell does it bother you in any way at all how much he wants to spend? mind your own business. Though your attitude is hardly new, it went under the name 'Nazi' a while back.

that is quite possibly the most lamest analogy ever used. are you saying that everything that people do that nazi's did is bad? doesn't that mean breathing is bad? how about the banning of smoking in certain places?

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
granville said:
Too bad DealExtreme seems to be having issues with people's orders. Some orders seem to be pending from August. Any advice there?
It always takes that long, especially for US orders. It's the price you pay for shopping there.

After your R4 broke, I kinda figured you'd learn the old saying, "You get what you pay for." I trusted you to make the smarter choice but whatever.

Diffusion

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Since you live in the US, you could've tried one of those survey sites like PrizeRebel.
tongue.gif

That's how I got my Cyclo, and it seems even easier to get a DSTT for free in a day.
tongue.gif

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Diffusion said:
Since you live in the US, you could've tried one of those survey sites like PrizeRebel.
tongue.gif

That's how I got my Cyclo, and it seems even easier to get a DSTT for free in a day.
tongue.gif
No no no, the last thing we need here is more referral links.
hate2.gif

ShiningSaber

Tiger
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sidneyyoung said:
The person could be disabled or anything, and why the hell does it bother you in any way at all how much he wants to spend? mind your own business. Though your attitude is hardly new, it went under the name 'Nazi' a while back.
Hey, don't be stupid. That's partly my history you're digging up, and it has NOTHING to do with what he was saying. Seriously, how does a power-hungry political party that had a leader that promoted a genocide relate to a guy telling the OP to earn a few bucks?

Diffusion

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DeMoN said:
Diffusion said:
tongue.gif

tongue.gif
hate2.gif
You can get the $12 for a DSTT on there easily w/o one referral. lol

loopywoo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Too many idiots in this thread demanding others to explain themselves, where it has nothing to do with the OP request for a cheap flash card.

Why don't you all shut up, this forum is primarily about hand held games, not a Foxist moralty right wing/ we hate poor people/ you must explain yourself forum.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeMoN said:
Diffusion said:
tongue.gif

tongue.gif
hate2.gif
Heh! Don't worry! I'll never do a stupid advertisement in order to make money!
smile.gif

I've ordered from DX before (got a 3-in-1 expansion) so I know it's slow. I just asked because there are some people writing on the forums there about the Supercard having some supply issues and people still waiting for their Supercard since August:

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.5097

Uruha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did u order ur card yet? lol well..
I have both the EDGE and Acekard 2
I like the EDGE more because it loads everything a lot faster from booting up to loading game list to booting a game!
but the acekard imo, lets u do more on the menu like back up a save( i find it useful for dementium lol)! and its menu is just a hellava lot nicer. i also think that it gets more support than the edge seeing as people make their own Firmwares

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already ordered the Supercard from DX. That was why I was worried about possible shipping/supply issues that people have been complaining about on the DX Supercard forum.

omgroffles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShiningSaber said:
sidneyyoung said:
Hey, don't be stupid. That's partly my history you're digging up, and it has NOTHING to do with what he was saying. Seriously, how does a power-hungry political party that had a leader that promoted a genocide relate to a guy telling the OP to earn a few bucks?

You have a history of being part of a power-hungry political party that had a leader that promoted a genocide?

Baroque Obama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
omgroffles said:
ShiningSaber said:
sidneyyoung said:

You have a history of being part of a power-hungry political party that had a leader that promoted a genocide?
rather than you being pedantic you could just understand that he's german.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ShdwTakashi @ ShdwTakashi: pineapple belong on pizza? The answer is yes until proven otherwise